how long is fish

I am intrested in getting a fish, I am working my way both up and down from 9 ft.I have( what I think is a classic, 10 ft, volan, 50/50 etc. Campbell Bros Bonzers 9 + 8, a GWAT 7’ and I want a fish but I am a bit confused as to the best length,( if there is a best length) for such a board. I would love any help from you guys and girls out there. I am a kiwi living here in your great country and although we have some great waves down there I have never surfed so much in all my life. I love it.

i made myself a 5’8 fish, but i believe the average size is about 5’10 to 6’2 -steve>>> I am intrested in getting a fish, I am working my way both up and down > from 9 ft.I have( what I think is a classic, 10 ft, volan, 50/50 etc. > Campbell Bros Bonzers 9 + 8, a GWAT 7’ and I want a fish but I am a bit > confused as to the best length,( if there is a best length) for such a > board. I would love any help from you guys and girls out there. I am a > kiwi living here in your great country and although we have some great > waves down there I have never surfed so much in all my life. I love it.

I am intrested in getting a fish, I am working my way both up and down > from 9 ft.I have( what I think is a classic, 10 ft, volan, 50/50 etc. > Campbell Bros Bonzers 9 + 8, a GWAT 7’ and I want a fish but I am a bit > confused as to the best length,( if there is a best length) for such a > board. I would love any help from you guys and girls out there. I am a > kiwi living here in your great country and although we have some great > waves down there I have never surfed so much in all my life. I love it. IF YOUR WANTING A REAL 70’S TRADITIONAL FISH(TWIN KEEL FINS), KEEP IT UNDER 6’0" THEY ARE WIDER AND THICKER SO LOSS OF LENGTH IS MADE UP IN TAIL WIDTH. GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE WHO SHAPES THEM ‘CORRECTLY’(BEST HEAD FOR SAN DIEGO). MINES 5’11" AND RIDES INSANE! LIS, CHRISTENSEN, SKIP FRY ‘ALL’ SAN DIEGO. WWW.CHRISTENSENSURFBOARDS.COM IS THE BEST DEAL($$$) FOR A ‘REAL’ WOOD TWIN KEEL CONCAVE FISH, HE’S RIPPING ON ONE HIMSELF, WORKS NEXT TO SKIP FRY AND IS A COOL GUY(PROFESSIONAL). CHEAPER MO’ BETTAH.

I saw two good used Brom fish ( 5’11" ) at the Beach Hut in S.B. on Sat.

MINES 5’11" AND RIDES INSANE! LIS, CHRISTENSEN, > SKIP FRY ‘ALL’ SAN DIEGO. WWW.CHRISTENSENSURFBOARDS.COM IS THE BEST > DEAL($$$) Tried the www, didn’t work out. Try www.christensonsurfboards.com instead. regards, Håvard

…just remember it’s a fish not a log or thruster with a swallowtail.Herb \

IF YOUR WANTING A REAL 70’S TRADITIONAL FISH(TWIN KEEL FINS), KEEP IT > UNDER 6’0" THEY ARE WIDER AND THICKER SO LOSS OF LENGTH IS MADE UP IN > TAIL WIDTH. GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMEONE WHO SHAPES THEM ‘CORRECTLY’(BEST > HEAD FOR SAN DIEGO). MINES 5’11" AND RIDES INSANE! LIS, CHRISTENSEN, > SKIP FRY ‘ALL’ SAN DIEGO. WWW.CHRISTENSENSURFBOARDS.COM IS THE BEST > DEAL($$$) FOR A ‘REAL’ WOOD TWIN KEEL CONCAVE FISH, HE’S RIPPING ON ONE > HIMSELF, WORKS NEXT TO SKIP FRY AND IS A COOL GUY(PROFESSIONAL). CHEAPER > MO’ BETTAH. Of the three shapers u mentioned, who shaped yours? How does it work backside? I’ve seen a couple Christenson fishes here in Hawaii and they look awesome. The shop selling them are asking and arm and a leg though.

Of the three shapers u mentioned, who shaped yours? How does it work > backside? I’ve seen a couple Christenson fishes here in Hawaii and they > look awesome. The shop selling them are asking and arm and a leg though. I shaped my own(very easy after countless fricken’ nosriders!!!). I rode Lis fish’s in the early seventies and still own a classic Skip Fry 1974 volanglass/wood fin 5’9 Fish. Christenson has been riding one for about a year and he’s hooked(and ripping!). His stoked report got me on one and I can’t put it down. I’ve already surfed pitching overhead beachbreak on it and can’t find any reason to not ride this design in any condition under 8 ft. faces! People are tripping on the pumping down the line speed I’m getting. Christenson(1-619-220-7340) is the best source right out of his factory here in San Diego, he’s glassing one for Rob Machado right now! Derek Hyde started something here cause everybody is highly interested in this shape. They seem to be different than when we rode them in the 70’s, concave bottom,more rake in the fins,lighter, cause I’ll tell you they rip and very fast and functional.

I shaped my own(very easy after countless fricken’ nosriders!!!). I rode > Lis fish’s in the early seventies and still own a classic Skip Fry 1974 > volanglass/wood fin 5’9 Fish. Christenson has been riding one for about a > year and he’s hooked(and ripping!). His stoked report got me on one and I > can’t put it down. I’ve already surfed pitching overhead beachbreak on it > and can’t find any reason to not ride this design in any condition under 8 > ft. faces! People are tripping on the pumping down the line speed I’m > getting. Christenson(1-619-220-7340) is the best source right out of his > factory here in San Diego, he’s glassing one for Rob Machado right now! > Derek Hyde started something here cause everybody is highly interested in > this shape. They seem to be different than when we rode them in the 70’s, > concave bottom,more rake in the fins,lighter, cause I’ll tell you they rip > and very fast and functional. how similar are his to skips? reading to all of this makes me want to leave work early and surf my frye in a hopefully evening glass off

how similar are his to skips?>>> reading to all of this makes me want to leave work early and surf my frye > in a hopefully evening glass off Same outline, same fins, similar bottom, different rails, he prefers a very slight (1/8") towed-in keel fin(3-4 degree cant) where as Lis doesn’t tow-in I guess. He works 10 yards from Fry so there’s some mentoring probably going on there. Mine is a Fry outline/Gephart wood fins(vintage Lis/Newbreak/Bigrock), the seventies crowd sh@ts when they see it.

Same outline, same fins, similar bottom, different rails, he prefers a > very slight (1/8") towed-in keel fin(3-4 degree cant) where as Lis > doesn’t tow-in I guess. He works 10 yards from Fry so there’s some > mentoring probably going on there. Mine is a Fry outline/Gephart wood > fins(vintage Lis/Newbreak/Bigrock), the seventies crowd sh@ts when they > see it. I don’t think Christenson uses the same fin templete as Skip. Skip uses (used?) a 9X5. That’s 9" base by 5" ht. double sided foil. And that’s ALOT of fin. I just got a trad. fish shaped by “aloha, tom” from this very BB! 6’2", but I’m an old guy, with Gephart 2X foiled 7 3/4" X 5" marine ply keel fins set w/o any toe in. Goes great, changes in direction no problem. As Surfhungrey said, the tight arc wrap around is the true test of “true” fish surfing.

I don’t think Christenson uses the same fin templete as Skip. Skip uses > (used?) a 9X5. That’s 9" base by 5" ht. double sided foil. And > that’s ALOT of fin. I just got a trad. fish shaped by “aloha, > tom” from this very BB! 6’2", but I’m an old guy, with Gephart > 2X foiled 7 3/4" X 5" marine ply keel fins set w/o any toe in. > Goes great, changes in direction no problem. As Surfhungrey said, the > tight arc wrap around is the true test of “true” fish surfing. Ya your right, my 70’s Fry has those 9" on them. I think that probably was the main hangup with 70’s standup Fishes because Lis was a kneeboarder generating power on his knees with low center of gravity. The slight rake slightly less base seems better suited for standup and tight direction changes with still strong drive.

I am intrested in getting a fish, I am working my way both up and down > from 9 ft.I have( what I think is a classic, 10 ft, volan, 50/50 etc. > Campbell Bros Bonzers 9 + 8, a GWAT 7’ and I want a fish but I am a bit > confused as to the best length,( if there is a best length) for such a > board. I would love any help from you guys and girls out there. I am a > kiwi living here in your great country and although we have some great > waves down there I have never surfed so much in all my life. I love it. I’m not sure where you’re from, but is Santa Barbara is close check the beach house there, or go see www.surfenginez.com Steve Brom makes these fishes, mine to, wich is 6.2, very beautiful, very fast, loose, everything you might suspect from a classic fish and even more. Best board ever. Peter Rijk.