how to pad shaping racks?

What is the best way to pad my standard shaping racks to look and feel like professional racks? I tried pipe insulation and duct tape but it looks like shat. Gracias Amigos.

What is the best way to pad my standard shaping racks to look and feel > like professional racks? I tried pipe insulation and duct tape but it > looks like shat. Gracias Amigos. Wal-Mart Sleeping pad blue $6.00 enough to pad all your racks… Just glue to your racks. Blanks stick well and more pad per inch then any other…Check my site and you can see how my racks are padded on the shaping pics… http://surfnwsc.com

i use black pipe insulation. they sell it at Home Depot. if your racks are thin enough, the padding has adhesive so it will wrap around and stick to itself.

Hi, I use EVA to cover the surface and edges that are mostly easy to hit on. See the image how I did it. Regards, Crabie

Wal-Mart Sleeping pad blue $6.00 enough to pad all your racks… Just glue > to your racks. Blanks stick well and more pad per inch then any > other…Check my site and you can see how my racks are padded on the > shaping pics… STOKED!!! Rob, you trip me out. From your website you seem to be very honest and cool. You are also a highly acclaimed shaper. CHEERS! The info was perfect, I have very similar racks. Wal-Mart here I come, STOKED!!!

STOKED!!! Rob, you trip me out. From your website you seem to be very > honest and cool. You are also a highly acclaimed shaper. CHEERS! The info > was perfect, I have very similar racks. Wal-Mart here I come, STOKED!!! I use my racks for shaping,sanding,and polishing.They are padded with carpet foam and and carpet for the overlay and pocket.When sanding I tape some 100 grit on the top.When polishing I wrap 2 inch tape sticky side up (no sliding…no scratches).Lastly when shaping I fold a white terry cloth bath towel and lay it over the whole mess…keeps the blank clean…no slide…no scratches.I saw the towel thing in an add for Infinity Surfboards that showed the shaping room…find a longboardd mag and check it…R.B.

i use black pipe insulation. they sell it at Home Depot. if your racks are > thin enough, the padding has adhesive so it will wrap around and stick to > itself. I use the same for my roof racks. Heaps cheaper then the stuff with the Thule logo. regards, Håvard