How to remove the cutter head of Skil 100 planer

Hello

Disassembling my Skil 100. Can’t figure out how to remove the cutterhead.

Thanks

In theory once you remove the 3 screws the cutterhead should come out however my experience has been that it takes some penetrating oil and some coaxing to get it out.  On the opposite end of the shaft the shaft passes through a bearing and the bearing is pressed into a cup in the aluminum housing.  I would soak with PB Blaster at the end where your red arrow is then wait a day before trying again.  Be very careful not to bend the shaft.  Use the plate you removed the screws from to wiggle it out.

Also when you take the pully off there are a couple of washers in there.  Pay close attention to where they go and their orientation so you can put them back exactly as they were.

Thanks for the tip. I followed your advice , and it worked .

How would I seperate the gear and endplate from the cutterhead? Do I just pull on the gear? There was a nut inside the threaded shaft going through center of the gear, which I did remove.

There is a woodruff key inside the gear that sits in a slot in the gear and shaft.  Depending on how things line up your gear may come right off once you remove the nut or you might have to play with it.  PB Blaster or similar might break up any gunk in there and help the key move around a bit so you can wiggle the gear off.  Again don’t force anything as you do not want to bend the shaft.  Also be careful not to drop it…again because if you bend the shaft the cutter is toast.

After the end plate screws are removed you should be able to wiggle it from the end plate.

A small gap should appear, you can get some leverage at this time with a couple of screw drivers, but not gorilla style.

Behind the bearing is a thrust washer, remember which way it faces.  

The cog wheels threads are in reverse, it should come off without too much effort.

after years of searching I found a bearing/gear puller for small bearings.