If Sigmund Freud had been a shaper

Can the surfboard building process satisfy a deeper level of sensory pleasure than your significant other?

My significant other can do a hell of a lot more than just sit there and look pretty, plus I don’t get itchy afterwards…or a headache…

Good question though…

you need to ask these people … They seem to have it together …

Or , their research committee…

Of course he was a shaper. He shaped several generations of thinking.

But on a deeper level, I am certain his fantasies included getting that one great ride that makes it all worth while, wave or significant other what does it matter? Sometimes a wave is just a wave. Or is it? Ehhhhhhhhh??

Guys, you know I couldn’t let this one go by. Has Freud been on your mind lately? Tell me all about it. Your time begins now. You have 50 minutes. Is the couch comfortable? We’ll work out my fee later.

Hey, does this thread link with the one entitled Thruster Dimensions? (I know. I should be ashamed of myself.)

The upside: the shaping process lasts as long as you want, you are done when you decide you are done, you can do it over and over again, it’s more consistent, and there is no risk of STD’s.

The downside: the demanding still occurs, the complaining will still occur during and after the process, and you will definitely itch if you don’t use the proper protection.

Quote:

My significant other can do a hell of a lot more than just sit there and look pretty, plus I don’t get itchy afterwards…or a headache…

Good question though…

I knew a guy once who knew a girl who left him all itchy after they were ‘significant’ with each other…

does your significant other [let you] do this ?

ride others , without getting jealous

get pushed underwater and held down

when snap[s] , let’s you rub q-cell and resin in the …er…crack

ties to your ankle [well…er…yeah , poor example]

couldn’t care WHERE you go

never talks back to you

goes out really early in the morning for some solitude

trade in for a new one

stick different appendages into the holes [fins , and plugs, you dirty…]

regular waxings [well , okay]

get kneed and toed regularly , without complaining

have dings left unattended for long periods of time [“the wax / duct tape will cover it up”]

be strapped to the rof of the car / left inside the car for AGES on 100 degree , and 40 degree days

be thrown out at council collection time , to end up in a dump somewhere [unless Chipper rescues , strips , and reshapes [it]…

ben

My fee just went up.

he would have shaped boards that were Psychodynamic designed around the Pleasure Principle to satisfy the Ego Ideal

Quote:

he would have shaped boards that were Psychodynamic designed around the Pleasure Principle to satisfy the Ego Ideal

Do you mean , shaped like a "male reproductive organ " , perhaps ? [I thought that’s why they were called “sh’longboards” , anyway ?? ]

ben

I ride a 7’ single fin because …well …you know …

ha ha…he would have probably made a lot of boards in a short period of time too,becouse back then coke was the real thing

Everybody who ever commissioned a board to be custom made was hoping it was shaped according to those very basic desires.

Nothing has changed.

The ego ideal has not yet been put aside.

Imagine how much fun it would be if it were.

More fun is the call.