If you could have...

If you could have any longboard model or brand from the 60’s what model or brand would u pick? I’d pick a 9’6" Morey Pope Blue Machine designed by Bob Cooper. I can still remeber being a stoked gremmie checking out a brand new MP at Surfline. I guess it was the cool logo, slipchecked deck and WAVE set fin that caught my eye. I begged my dad for that board, but he ended up getting me a used 9’8" Wardy from his friend from work.

If you could have any longboard model or brand from the 60’s what model or > brand would u pick? I’d pick a 9’6" Morey Pope Blue Machine designed > by Bob Cooper. I can still remeber being a stoked gremmie checking out a > brand new MP at Surfline. I guess it was the cool logo, slipchecked deck > and WAVE set fin that caught my eye. I begged my dad for that board, but > he ended up getting me a used 9’8" Wardy from his friend from work. My first choice would be the first board built by myself and Jim Phillps.We built it in the wood hobby shop at Hickam Air Force Base,Hawaii in 1963. When I was a kid I begged for a Hobie Phil Edwards Model but my Dad said no.He did buy me a hobie t shirt though.

If you could have any longboard model or brand from the 60’s what model or > brand would u pick? I’d pick a 9’6" Morey Pope Blue Machine designed > by Bob Cooper. I can still remeber being a stoked gremmie checking out a > brand new MP at Surfline. I guess it was the cool logo, slipchecked deck > and WAVE set fin that caught my eye. I begged my dad for that board, but > he ended up getting me a used 9’8" Wardy from his friend from work. I’m partial to the Bing Pipeliner. It appears to have that Geroge Downing influence.

I would take a Pope Tri-sect so I could turn around and sell it and take a trip.

If you could have any longboard model or brand from the 60’s what model or > brand would u pick? I’d pick a 9’6" Morey Pope Blue Machine designed > by Bob Cooper. I can still remeber being a stoked gremmie checking out a > brand new MP at Surfline. I guess it was the cool logo, slipchecked deck > and WAVE set fin that caught my eye. I begged my dad for that board, but > he ended up getting me a used 9’8" Wardy from his friend from work. the blue machine and bing pipeliner are good calls!i really would like to have a late model, thinned out “da cat”.Mahoney at santa barbara surf museum has a bitcin one.in fact if any of you have yet to visit his museum,next time you are in the SB area,check it out.Pretty bitchin stuff in there.

I’m partial to the Bing Pipeliner. It appears to have that Geroge Downing > influence. …The 60’s.Pat Curren 11’0" Balsa,Redwood,rhino chaser.In 64 i was 20 and could hold my breath for more than 10 second’s.

If you could have any longboard model or brand from the 60’s what model or > brand would u pick? I’d pick a 9’6" Morey Pope Blue Machine designed > by Bob Cooper. I can still remeber being a stoked gremmie checking out a > brand new MP at Surfline. I guess it was the cool logo, slipchecked deck > and WAVE set fin that caught my eye. I begged my dad for that board, but > he ended up getting me a used 9’8" Wardy from his friend from work. I’d grab a Velzy-Jacobs Balsa Pig, DaCat, Yater Spoon, Curren gun, Bing Nuuhiwa Lightweight, Hawaiin Olo (just to gawk at it) and probably do the same as a previous poster and grab a tri-sect or and sell it to travel.

Phil Edwards Model for me please. A Weber Performer would be nice too.