Ike Surfboard

Back in 1957 I was a partner in the Ike and Tuck Surfboards in Santa Barbara, California. The board that you have on your web site was built by John Eichert. It is worth a considerable amount of money. I retired from the surfing world and became an educater. John still makes custom boards from balsa for people who can pay the high prices. These boards become pieces of art instead of boards for the waves. If you would like more information, please contact me. Best regards, Tucker Stevens

Thanks for the info. I did email 2 sets of photos of the board and hope you got them. My email only shows one transmittal. The one I hope you get will have a letter and 5 pictures. Yes, I would like to hear more about the history Ike boards and the Santa Barbara scene at that time. Phil

I was in Santa Barbara when John made Boards he made a fiberglass front end for Washburn Vet bad 714 He made my gun.That was the good old days.

I had one of the boards he shaped in the early 90’s while he was residing in Nipomo. I bought it from CCS in SLO. It was very old school. Rode great and was a lot of fun. Wish I hadn’t got rid of it . Rumored to be in No. County.