Imagine the Lineup..................

In a recent conversation, I was asked about the North Shore, in the early 1960’s.    ‘‘What was it like?’’     I was a young kid of 22years, though I had honed my skills at WindanSea, and other La Jolla area reefs.      Imagine being a youngster, out at Sunset on big day. and looking around at the likes of Buzzy Trent, Butch VanArtsdalen, Fred Van Dyke, Peter Cole, Fred Hemmings, Kealoha Kiao, George Downing, Bob Shepard, Kimo Hollinger, Bobby Clutier, Philipe Pomar, and many others.      There was a young 16 yr old kid, that liked to borrow my 10’ 5’’ Gun.     His name was Tiger Espere.     There were a number of local guys, that were superb surfers, that you never heard of.       One that stood out was Alton Tavaras.     I often wonder what ever became of him.      On more than one occasion, everyone listed above, was out on the same day.       Looking back on those days, I marval at what a time that was.    I took it for granted.

I love the stories of past years, eat them up.  My first year on the North Shore was 1972 when I went to live there  so I love hearing stories prior to that. Thanks, Bill. 

Legends! I love it too. Mike

I’m tellin’ ya, guaranteed best seller. Too many classic experiences and memories to let them go. 

Gotta write em down. Best way to keep talking story.

There was an article featuring another “Trustafarian” classic longboard shaper etc in the recent surfer.  Who was asked about Phil Edwards.  He replied that Phil biked past where he coffeed every AM. He had tried to make kook small talk and Phil gave him the “flying fickle finger of fate”.  Classic!  “shoulda been here yesterday “.   I CORRECT myself.  The Trustafarian being interviewed was Andy Nieblas.  They All look alike.