In-line 2+1 (Single + Sidebites), plus Twin Fin placement

I’ve been seeing some more boards recently that run their single + sidebites inline so with the side bites set further back than normal and more in a twin fin placement.

So I’m curious if anybody rides there single + sidebites more in-line and if they had a ride report. What could I expect with this fin setup? Drive, speed, turning, etc.
I know Jim Banks has been doing this fin setup recently and mentions it’s a mix feeling of single fin and twin fin. So some smoothness of the single fin but with some extra speed and drive of a twin.

But I’m also curious as to what kind of cant and toe-in people typically use in this setup.
I’ve spent the last afternoon searching and can’t really find much information on cant and toe-in for traditional single + side bites let alone on a more inline setup.
I did see on future sidebites they seem to set the cant at 4 degrees.

Would the recommendation just be to place the side bites in a typical twin fin placement with a more standard twin fin cant and toe-in? That way could run single fin, 2+1, and twin fin

This sounds like an interesting concept, I’ll be interested in what people think.

1 Like

With the side fins in line with the centre fin l would expect more of a pivot turn , ie less drawn out arc.

1 Like
1 Like