In search of left side futures keel fin

throwing out a hail mary and if this isn’t the right place, i’ll delete the thread (but the “surfshop” forum seems so dead, there’s no point in posting over there).

i found a boat of a pop-out fish (6’10" x 22 1/2" by 2 7/8") for $25. it’s missing the left-side generic futures keel fin (left side if the board is standing up and you’re looking at the deck).

if anyone has a single left-side futures keel, let me know and i’m happy to pay for it/shipping. i don’t even care if it matches the right one i have. if anyone has a pair of futures keels they want to let go, i’m into that too.

i can get a set of crappy dorsal keels for under $40 if need be as i just want to see what a massive (and kind of weird) board like this is like in the water. i’m not looking to spend $100 on new, quality keels for this jalopy, so please don’t take offense : )

thanks!
gordof

post a pic of the fin

pic below - crappy, pop out keel w/ futures interface. height is about 5.25" and pure base is 4.5", but all the way to the back edge of the fin, above the little relief area is 6.5"

thanks!

for some board discussion, why would anyone want a board like this? just a MASSIVE fish. it may catch “longboard” waves, but i can’t see it really turning on them and in a wave that could handle some turns, this barge would be way too huge to do anything. that’s why i’m so curious to ride it.

it’s this board - http://9fishsurf.com/hp_zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=27

thanks all!

You may be surprised , I have seen plenty of fish shapes bigger than that , some as big as 10 ft , contrary to what some folks say there are no rules to fish sizes and what works for some may not work for others , keep an open mind , I think 9fish sold a boatload of those boards .

just buy a set of the basic Controller fronts from Futures in Plastic. 20 bucks or less.

awesome, thanks for the info acqua - i actually have a set of controllers i can take off another board. i just wasn’t sure if the front fins only were substantial enough.

going to delete this thread in a bit.
EDIT - i can’t delete it. mods, please nuke this entire post if you see fit.

gbzausa, i hear you for sure and i think long fishes (9ft and up) seem pretty cool. i just think the 6’10" length when considering its width and thickness seems kind of a “no man’s land” with what it can do. if it was 20.5 or 21 wide, it seems like it would have a place. i can understand why people may want to buy it b/c it’s not as space-hogging as a longboard and may get novices up on waves, i just think it wouldn’t be as fun as a longboard in knee high stuff and kind of pointless if the waves get higher than chest high b/c you could use a “normal” fish at that size.

with all that said, i’m super curious to try it out and hope i’m totally wrong haha

Dont forget to give us a ride report in good / fair waves I think you will be pleasantly surprised