Info on BOSS longboards wanted

Anyone know anything about these BOSS longboards. Particularly the 10 foot classic longboard shape. I think they are shaped near San Clemente area. How do they surf? How are the shapes/design? They look like solid, basic old school longboards with some update design technology. Anyone ride them? How do they noseride? What do they cost and would you say they are comprable other younger/newer "old school shapers such as cooperfish and tyler (well, that’s what they are reminding me of). Thanks. I have a line on a used one and wanted to do a little fact-checking before taking the plunge. If anyone is riding this board, I would love to have your opininion and feedback.

Anyone know anything about these BOSS longboards. Particularly the 10 foot > classic longboard shape. I think they are shaped near San Clemente area.>>> How do they surf? How are the shapes/design? They look like solid, basic > old school longboards with some update design technology. Anyone ride > them? How do they noseride? What do they cost and would you say they are > comprable other younger/newer "old school shapers such as cooperfish > and tyler (well, that’s what they are reminding me of).>>> Thanks. I have a line on a used one and wanted to do a little > fact-checking before taking the plunge.>>> If anyone is riding this board, I would love to have your opininion and > feedback. check the archives – i long string was written about them a few months ago — i think DavO was the primary contributor nothing at all like tyler’s old school boards kinda similar to cooperfish’ mello yello matt howard and brittany used to ride boss boards, when the went to tyler they had him shape something similar – then coopefish – cooperfish seemed to change his around a bit – not so radical – great looking board – plus gene is a great guy not a board for a beginner, apparently

just in case you weren’t aware of it, Boss Surfboards has a website. Look under Resources > shapers > west coast usa S

Hey Guys! BOSS boards are the very finest performance/noseriders anywhere! I’ve been working closely with BobO Kennedy for 5 years on perfecting his logs and his WHAT? boards (which everyone seems to be copying). BobO is an excellent all around surfer (switchfoot) and has influenced a whole generation of Malibu kids as well as San Clemente where he rides Trestles and SanO point alot. The guy know way more about hangin’ frickin’ ten than Tyler, Cooperfish, and all the other copycats! His boards are in extremely high demand everywhere (with No magazine coverage). You won’t see his boards in any clone surf entertainment magazine ads, but you will see them at every point wave location around-going faster than you-for sure! BobO deserves 100% of the credit for re-popularizing the flexy S-Deck that every shaper is trying so feverishly to duplicate and take credot for. Don’t be fooled, these are all lame desperate knockoffs that don’t have anything in common with a Boss except length. Everything about Boss boards is unique. They most certainly are’nt kooky crude slow blobfinned shitrailed logs like everyone elses. They all try to copy the best and that is why Boss is the best-cuz no one can get the speed and feel of the real deal-BOSS! Anyone that feels like stepping UP to truly modernized and innovative surf equipment, then call BobO in San Clemente, CA at: *82-(949) 498-3695. Best Regards- Dave “O” Hegstrom (Boss Switchfooter at large)>>> Anyone know anything about these BOSS longboards. Particularly the 10 foot > classic longboard shape. I think they are shaped near San Clemente area.>>> How do they surf? How are the shapes/design? They look like solid, basic > old school longboards with some update design technology. Anyone ride > them? How do they noseride? What do they cost and would you say they are > comprable other younger/newer "old school shapers such as cooperfish > and tyler (well, that’s what they are reminding me of).>>> Thanks. I have a line on a used one and wanted to do a little > fact-checking before taking the plunge.>>> If anyone is riding this board, I would love to have your opininion and > feedback.

check the archives – i long string was written about them a few months > ago — i think DavO was the primary contributor>>> nothing at all like tyler’s old school boards kinda similar to cooperfish’ > mello yello matt howard and brittany used to ride boss boards, when the > went to tyler they had him shape something similar – then coopefish – > cooperfish seemed to change his around a bit – not so radical – great > looking board – plus gene is a great guy>>> not a board for a beginner, apparently Not for a beginer? Why is that? Why would a 10 foot LB, even with the S-Deck not be suitable for a begineer. Does this design decrease stability in some way?,float?,paddle? These are all atributes that would be of benefit to a beginning or progressing surfer. Please eleborate.

Not for a beginer? Why is that? *Cuz they go way too fast for a learner cuz of the ultra sharp rail in back and flat planing area.>>>Why would a 10 foot LB, even with the S-Deck not be suitable for a begineer. Does this design decrease stability in some way?,float?,paddle? *The double S-deck design thins out the nose and tail area which results in less foam overall than some goony tanker. This also reduces float making the board sit lower in the water than others. These are all atributes that would be of > benefit to a beginning or progressing surfer. Please eleborate. Ya Follow? -Dave

Please leave goofball Matt and his beaten Brit out of the BOSS equation. They have had absolutely nothing to do with BobOs’ designs or theories. They just stole his ideas a few years ago and went to Tyler-he could’nt make em’-then they tried Cooperfish-he can’t make em’! And presently, the overdrugged Matt is still looking for someone to make boards like the Boss board that BobO used to let him ride. This Matt clown has NO claim on the BOSS design even though he and Tyler took full credit for it in Longboring Magazine a few years ago. This is why Matt and Brit will never have the privelege of riding Boss surfboards agian. Just wanted to set the record straight. Best Regards- -DavO>>> check the archives – i long string was written about them a few months > ago — i think DavO was the primary contributor>>> nothing at all like tyler’s old school boards kinda similar to cooperfish’ > mello yello matt howard and brittany used to ride boss boards, when the > went to tyler they had him shape something similar – then coopefish – > cooperfish seemed to change his around a bit – not so radical – great > looking board – plus gene is a great guy>>> not a board for a beginner, apparently