Info- Steve Lis/Pavel/Choice fish 80s- looking for info on board

Hey guys,

First time using this site, looking for a little info on a board I might pick up on eBay. It’s a 5’10" Choice fish. Based on its design and artwork what not, its probably early 80s. What is a bit strange though is there’s no signature (definitely not a original Lis then) and just the signature triangles and a bottom logo of a wave and a trident. Wonder if anyone on here can give a little insight into its authenticity.  Buying it to surf it, but for what the guy is asking I gotta confirm its the real deal… Pics as attachments below. Thanks, Matt

In my opinion that’s not a Lis fish, it’s a Pavel fish; look him up. Lis used a cool yin yang logo when he shaped, Pavel learned from Lis. I bet that board is stringerless and really light. Is it a 5’2-5’4"? If so, it might be a kneeboard. It’s almost similar in shape to a board I got a few months ago. Mine was in worse shape than yours but the owner got it in Florida in the 70s (what I was told). The logo was laminated in but the stripes down the deck/bottom were on the hot coat (learned this the hard way), be careful sanding. I was also told they were using new/experimental foam at the time, again my board is noticeably light. Pics below. Message me if you want to know what I paid for it. It is a fun board, I ride it regular, standing up. I would suggest buying it if the price is right. 

Not sure why you even mention Lis. Choice is Pavel’s label. Lis did a few shapes for him but if Steve shaped it there would be marks that leave no doubt. Pavel never signs boards, but he sometimes uses a a hand drawn pair of wings as his “mark”.