Interesting Podcast with Dave Parmenter

Dave Parmenter definitely has some interesting things to say about surfboard design.

This podcast covers a variety of stuff but just skip through to the 32:00 minute mark to get to the Swaylocks relevant fin discussion and widowmaker talk.

http://surfsplendorpodcast.com/195-wax-on-dave-parmenter/

The part about SUPs doesn’t seem accurate to what I remember.
I’m pretty sure Blane Chambers who used to post here as Carvenalu was doing SUPs before Parmenter and the C4 gang. Blane was the original and still is a driving force for high performance SUPs, including the downwind racers. Blane started Paddle Surf Hawaii, but now he does Blane Chambers Designs.
I’m pretty sure Parmenter, Bradley and Keaulana approached Blane for help to start C4. He did, but walked away from being a partner.
Harold Iggy and the boys at Naish on Maui were a big part of the downwind racing side too.

Yeah, you have to get past his ego and personality and take what he says with a grain of salt, I’m sure especially moreso for those in the know.
For me it’s interesting to hear his perspective on how boards/fins work, if nothing else to spark some ideas in my own mind.

It’s eye-opening how much cool stuff is going on in Hawaii fully under the radar though. There are just so many more outlets other than surf that guys are passionate about and doing really cool, fun things. Kite, SUP, foil, OC1, etc. Lots to learn from those things that translate back to surfing also.

Boy, you got that right!

there are some amazing podcasts with other shapers, there is a real early one with eric arakawa (sure thats spelt wrong) dann, so many others. Many are way back in his archives and you need to search them on his website as the Itunes system only keeps the last 50 on the server?
Roger hinds
micheal andrini
the dude from vulcan just gold, every one has some snippits of awesome…

to many names to remember.

It was very hard to listen to in the beginning , so I went no further .

I did read the comments below which were interesting .