Introducing "The Surfamily": A Hub for Surfing Culture and Craftsmanship

Dear friends and fellow surf enthusiasts,I am thrilled to unveil to you a project that has been a labor of love and a testament to my passion for surfing: “The Surfamily.”
https://youtube.com/@TheSurfamilySchool?si=12R1b8Rnfa2bYYrn

This YouTube channel is not just a platform; it’s a community hub where surfing culture and craftsmanship converge in a celebration of all things wave-related.As we embark on this journey together, allow me to paint a picture of what The Surfamily represents. It is a digital oasis nestled within the vast expanse of the internet, where surfers from every corner of the globe can come together to share their love for the ocean and the art of riding its waves.At its core, The Surfamily is a tribute to the rich tapestry of surfing culture. Through a diverse array of videos and discussions, we will delve into the history, traditions, and legends that have shaped surfing into the vibrant subculture it is today. From the ancient Polynesian roots of wave riding to the modern-day surf scene, we will explore the stories and personalities that have left an indelible mark on the sport we hold dear.But The Surfamily is more than just a history lesson. It is a platform for learning and growth, where surfers of all skill levels can come to hone their craft. Through insightful tutorials, in-depth analyses, and firsthand accounts from surfing veterans, we will delve into the nuances of wave theory and technique, empowering our viewers to become more skilled and knowledgeable surfers.Of course, no discussion of surfing would be complete without paying homage to the surfboard – that sacred vessel that carries us across the face of the wave. That’s why The Surfamily will shine a spotlight on the art of surfboard shaping, showcasing the talent and ingenuity of master craftsmen from around the world. From behind-the-scenes glimpses into their workshops to step-by-step guides for shaping your own board, we will celebrate the craftsmanship and innovation that goes into creating these iconic pieces of surf culture.But perhaps most importantly, The Surfamily is a celebration of community. It is a place where surfers can come together to share their stoke, swap stories, and forge lasting friendships. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a wide-eyed beginner, there is a place for you within The Surfamily – a place where you can find support, encouragement, and inspiration from like-minded individuals who share your passion for the ocean.In closing, I extend a heartfelt invitation to each and every one of you to join us on this incredible journey. Together, let us explore the boundless horizons of surfing culture and craftsmanship. Let us learn, let us grow, and let us revel in the sheer joy of riding waves. Welcome to The Surfamily – where the waves are endless, the stoke is contagious, and the spirit of aloha reigns supreme.
Please help me to develop my channel subscribing and watching my videos. Mahalo,
Ercole Quondamatteo

Hey Ercole, thanks for sharing the link, and the story behind it.

Swaylocks is a long established forum for sharing the love of surf craft, and the process of making surf craft, and I invite you to share your surfboard making insights and stories, and join in the conversations here on this forum also.

1 Like