Introduction and Feedback.....

I thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce myself and ask for your feedback so far on my first project… 

I’m Nick, I live in Newquay, UK. 

I’ve
just started on my first board, I’m shaping it from my old longboard
that has not seen the water in many years due to massive amounts of delamination throughout.  I know this could have been repaired but I was up for a challenge.  Hopefully it going to end up like a mini simmons type kinda thing…5’8", 21" and as thick as I can get out of the blank… 

I’m really looking forward to chatting to you all and asking many a stupid question when I mess up.

(edited by moderator to embed pics)

Aaaaaaaaw poor long hahahahha

the next long u wanna turn into a mini simm just give it to me and i’ll buy u a brand new blank hahahaha

Nice outline, what about the rocker?

keep on going - more close up pics for feedback…

ColinlG…

I know it seems a shame, but like I said she has
been layin round all battered and bruised for far to long and its a
cheap way for me to have a go shaping… Rocker…umm she’s not going
to have to much, 2.5"/3" at the nose and about 1.5" at the rear?

TaylorO…

Haven’t got further than cutting out the outline yet but I’ll post more when I do.

I have done quite a few “Tear Down” boards from crappy old long boards.  Yes, you are limited to working with only what is left.  But they are usually perfect for kid boards or scaled down “mini” longboards.  And it is always fun to see a cool new board emerge from the mess it was before.  And you gotta love that beefy stringer.  

So far so good.  Keep going.  

I’ve recycled boards before.  It’s no problem so long as you choose a design that fits what you’ll get out of the blank.  

looks great so far love the outline, your super lucky to have all the material syplyers right at your door step will save you a stack in post and packing of time look forward to seeing it done

Don’t get bit by the bug! The inexpensive part goes away and you’ll be working a second job to support your habit! Looks Great! Good luck!

Update…

Well I’ve finally found time to finish shaping her…

Its was so nerve racking, its amazing how quickly foam dissappears.

I’ve wimped out on glassing her myself so she is currently getting done at a local shop…costing £50 including fin and leash plug.

I’ll put some more pics up when she is done.

Props on the recycle! Can we have more hi res images of the rails? Wing looks killer. Seems a bit far back but it’s got me curious. 

That looks great. Where you going to test her out