Is anybody familiar with HIG surfboards?

I came across a 7’ tri fin (FCS fins) with the HIG Surfboards logo on it and I’ve never seen this name before. Here’s a copy of the logo:

http://surfcrazy.com/stanleys/surflogosH/hig2.gif

Does anyone know anything about this brand/shaper (where they were shaped, who shaped them, reputation, etc.)?

Just curious about the quality and shape in general. It looked like a nice big guy tri from maybe the last 10 years or so.

Thanks for any help.

That would have been Dave Higley, God rest his soul, super glosser and a just good guy

1 Like

I shaped surfboards in San Diego for a few years in the 90s and knew Dave.  He was the best all around board builder I have ever seen.  Amazing craftsman, and everybody who knew anything about building surfboards knew it.  I am far removed from the surfboard building business now, but when I think back to all the board builders I have known and respected, I can’t think of anyone more skilled at shaping, glassing, sanding – anything to do with the building of surfboards.  In a league with the greats.  Definitely a troubled soul at times, but in my estimation, a great soul as well.  Loved that dude.  

Hig died a few years ago. He was a great friend and Kuel shaper 4sure.
His boards were out of Hermosa Beach
8th & Valley Blvd.