It's alive. Oh, it's alive, it's alive! IT'S ALIVE! Surfboards from Dr. Frankensteins lab...

Beautiful stuff as always Barry! Love those multi glue ups. Not to mention the agave boards… wow! Be out your way in December, I’ll have to stop by and see your work in person. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barry, I could kill for this agave gun…

Well, in truth I could kill for most all others, too.

Every time I start to believe that maybe I'm getting a little bit better, guys like you remind me of the long, long path waiting ahead…

Keep making us drool, please.

Love the bonzer with the tapered stringer, definitely droolworthy. 

Really love your eye for art/graphics on those boards. I loathe the intentionally ugly "street" look currenty in vogue; to me your work compliments what a surfboard is and does and where it does it.

Great work Barry! Hey what kind of glue are you using on your glue ups?  Now I am messing with you, and don't answer that question, and what I use works just fine. Keep it going as long as you can.  Funny how people around here interpret what I write, for there are a few really talented people around here.

Nice little right hander there Ben. Where is that? I agree, more photo's of cool stuff. Less BS.  Does this mean I now have to tackle that little secret project?

Balsa, your boards look awesome as well. When you gonna finish that balsa on the other thread?

Warthawg. I've been painting surfboards since before I actually surfed. I love to build boards using all mediums I can. Shape, airbrush, Tints, Opaque resin, resin pinlines, every combo I can.

Ghetto, just love ya man. I don't care what people say about you. You are a true surfboard friend. Don't change!

bitchin'!!!

I like all of 'em…

especially that agave gun.

those pinlines!!!

Yet another project.

This is my Hitchcock Model.

The anti-simmons board.

5'4" x 21.25" x 2.25"

Shallow single to double with lots of Vee.

It also has a 3" wide Chine rail from fins to nose.

Fabric is a large laminate. Indian blanket pattern.

I shaped this board at last years Surfboard Show.

Agave stringer special.

Damn it, now I'm gonna have to go and change my underwear!  Awesome looking simmons. Pure class!!!

its near where i now live , big baz

by the way …look again , it ain't that small , either ! [why it's empty]

okay , to meet you halfway [again , because "you asked for it" …]

here are a few pages of stuff of what's been going on in finsland recently …more to come , when the project [shall I use it's initials ?? ] begins …

http://www.2ndlight.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=152857&enterthread=y

kudos from 'balsa' mean something , I reckon … you're no slouch at making good stuff either , you know , billy guilherm !!  please post more board pics s'il vous plait , monsieur !!

salut !

ben

"

shwuzshwuz's picture

Love the bonzer with the

Posted: Thu, 09/26/2013 - 02:17
#23Back to Top

" Love the bonzer with the tapered stringer, definitely droolworthy…"

SHWUZ !!!

…welcome BAAACKKK  , mate !!

where have you BEEN ,  and are you still making interesting surfboards ?! [ I HOPE !]

still testing them on trips away ??

it was just the other day I was mentioning your name , wondering "whatever happened to ?"  etc

cheers mate !

ben

That anti Simmons looks insane!

Hey Ben! I'm finally comfortable saying I'm back now, thanks! I'm currently working on my first new board in about 4 years, I'll post up some photos here a few days. Hope to be spending a lot more time here and in my shaping space now that life has settled down a bit. Cheers!

good on ya Jarrod !

has it really been FOUR YEARS ?

wow !

I eagerly look forward to seeing what you make next

and , of course , Barry …keep the photos and great boards* coming !   yewwww stoked !

cheers !

ben

* jb hi fi baz !   :wink:

So this was my biggest project this year.

Race paddleboard for my friend Shawn, Windigo sales rep.

Loves it.

Paddles it all the time.

Handshaped (of course).

12' x 21.0" x 4.75"

Man I´m a fan of your work, Im doing my first board in agave just by hand (no power tools) and now I understand what you mean about hand shaping, it is a lot of work!!!

well, just by curiosity, Im on the way to finish my PhD on Marine Science, but Im considering to shape boards by hand as a new small bussines posibility, and I would like to learn from a good shaper!

well, I know you dont know me, also I dont know you too, but I just knock the door to see if it opens!

grettings from Portugal

Carlos

P.S. I attached my last pic of my shaping tool! hand plane n#3

Very cool Carlos.

No power tools?

Good man!

I have always said I was probably digging out canoes by hand in a past life.

They were the original shapers!

Keep it up.

Some great inspiration for us young guys there barry. A true craftsmen.

Thanks Zac.

The are no limtations.

Time is the enemy.

So many boards in my head.

Stay tuned, I have more coming.

“Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.” Winston Churchill.

I’m LOVING this thread , big  baz !

…please keep them [photos and boards !] coming !

cheers mate !

ben