Jack Haley: Seal Beach, CA Longboard

I recently was able to buy this used 9’6"Jack Haley longboard. Bottom signed by Randy Lewis in 1995. I looked online to research the late Jack Haley and learned about his incredible life. I also researched Randy Lewis (currently with us) and discovered a lot of remarkable things about him. I couldn’t find any used “JH” boards online for sale. Not even sure what year the last boards were made. Can anyone give me some more info on this 9’6" longboard? There’s no board number on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated…

Randy Lewis was busy in the 90’s. Brought back Jack Haley and Chuck Dent labels. Plus did his own label with Long and Shortboards. I think the last attempt to resurrect Jack Haley Surfboards was made by the late Pat Flecky. Pat ran into Mike Haley in Oceano a few years before either of them left the room. Mike thought it would be ok for Pat to make a few boards under the label and try to capitalize on the nostalgia that was going around. I’m thinking this occurred sometime in the early 2000’s. Pat went so far as to post an add in the “Board Forum” of Longboard Magazine. Those adds ran $600 at the time. The story that got back to me was that Jack Haley Jr. (who was an announcer for the Lakers) didn’t like the idea of someone capitalizing on the Haley Family name and Flecky was told to cease and desist… Mike Haley and Flecky are long gone now, but that was the story told to me by Pat himself. I’m thinking this would have been around 2004 or 05. I’ve got the Magazine around somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it. Randy Lewis probably got the same treatment from JR. I ran an add and pic of a longboard in the Board Forum around the same time. I had offered Hynson a deal to come up and shape ten blanks at the “Chicken Ranch” and play celebrity at the PBL contest around that time, but he flaked and couldn’t get off the couch. He and Haley were best buds, so Haley tried to get ahold of me and renew my offer, but I was long gone to Maui by then.