Jack Meyer OP board

Im sorry if i am going about this wrong but Im new to the forum.  I ran across an old display Oceap Pacific Jack Meyer surfboard while cleaning out my storage unit.  I bought it about 30 years ago at a sporting goods store.  I was goint to sell it online but someone told me to check around before doing that.  Could anyone tell me about it and possible point me in the right direction to sale it?  Thanks for any help.  

[[{“fid”:“111344”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]][[{“fid”:“111345”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“2”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“2”}}]]

looks clean from here. I would post it on your local craigslist for $200-$400 depending on dents and dings if any…maybe some more but not as fast of sale…I like the airbrush

https://www.swaylocks.com/forums/dogtownjack-meyer-surfboard

where you located ?? looks like he has a following in New Jersery

Doubled up.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about these OP boards on the forum in the past.  Who did the airbrush art etc.  You might try a search of the archives.  Give it a little time and someone will chime in here.  In good condition; it may be worth more than you might think.  They are fairly rare these days as they were limited in ##’s.  I wouldn’t list it until I got more info.

Thanks for the information guys.  I’ve also reached out to several other sites inquiring about this.  Speaking of the number here is a picture of the number located at the bottom of the board.

[[{“fid”:“111358”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]][[{“fid”:“111359”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“2”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“2”}}]][[{“fid”:“111360”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“3”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“3”}}]]

Jackie Myers was an old fried of mine. he grow up in NJ. He was about 17 when we met Surfing Long Beach Island NJ. He moved to Santa Barbara in the early 70s got a great reputation as an Airbrush artist.  I know he did a number of those OP boards.

you can see more of my comments in the other post on the Airbrushed OP Boards.

The funny thing is that OP started out as a surfboard company. By the time this board was made they probably had to get some other outfit to do it because their focus had shifted totally away from surfboards. The glassing was obviously done by South Shore, but I’d be curious as to who shaped it.

Craigslist might be OK but if you’re willing to pack and ship, EBay listings seem to get a lot more exposure.  With EBay you also have the option of hidden reserve pricing, monitoring the number of hits and watchers you are getting, etc.

For a real world ball park estimate on value it’s hard to beat listing with a ridiculous hidden reserve and watching where the bidding goes.  You’ll get a decent appraisal on it anyway.

Have you checked with any shops to see if they accept consignments? I.E. they get 15% of sale price or whatever.

In my opinion it doesn’t seem like the used board market is exactly red hot right now…

Thanks for the message.  Yes Ive emailed around to a few shops but only received a little feedback.  I may try the ebay route.  

EBay with a “reserve” and local pick up.  Or;  A ridiculous fee to bubble wrap and box, shipped via UPS, FedEx or LTL.  Since it is under 8’ you can get a box from Uline.  If you do ship; make sure you have everything on hand to pack and ship promptly.  Any delays could result in negative reviews or payment reversal.

NO NO NO, DON’T SELL IT ON CRAIGSLIST OR EBAY. (yet).

Please listen up, Jack Meyers’ family is always looking for any of his boards and they are willing to pay a fair price for them. I sold one to a member of his family and they were extremely thankful. They also asked if I ever found another to let them know. Please let me try to get in touch with them and I’ll private message you here on swaylocks, if that’s okay with you. I believe it’s his nephew that is trying to get these boards and he’s located in Wilmington N.C. 

I am interested in that board! I have a bar/ restaurant in FL and would love to hang that on the wall or celling! My email is   scottcampion@hotmail.com

There was another OP board on EBay last week when I was prowling around with a search of “vintage surfboard”.

Thanks! Im going to bid on that. It expires tomorrow! I appreciate it! 

You might get an OP theme going in your bar.  Maybe some bar maids in those men’s trunks.   Those little short legged things like Bugs and Shaun used to wear.  Maybe a wet tank top with an OP logo.  Those shorts were tooo short for men.

I have a bunch of boards in the bar. A few Lightning Bolts, Hobies, Greg Noll’s etc, ill post some pics when i get back! But i have thought about putting up some vintage surf wear. It is a good idea! I remember those OP corduroy shorts when I was a kid! They were really small!! 

Yeah I don’t know how a real bull could contain himself it those little corduroy shorts.  But I bet they would look great on a gal with cheeks.  Hope you got that board.  Wish I could make it out and check out your bar sometime.  Post some pics.  Lowel