Jacked up my relief cuts, best course of action

Hello all.

really new to shaping, had a question about my relief cuts. In the photo whats my best course of action to repair my horrible job on these. I sanded them down already but not sure If I sand more and patch or just hot coat.

Ill get the hand of these cuts eventually Im just to stubborn to give up.

Thanks for any advice.

That looks pretty standard to me, anywhere there is a lap, like corners, or any relief cuts, you’re gonna have some overlap to be sanded. No big deal.

Grind it down. Sand it smooth. Hit it with a little styrene to take away the whiteness from sanding and hot coat. Not a muck up. Huck’s right.

That looks good for ‘really new to shaping’. I wish mine looked that nice.

Hey thanks. Appreciate it.

That doesn’t quite look like the nose of a board???

I know a lot of people use em (I used to myself) but relief cuts are very rarely needed.

That does look like a pretty good one though. Grind flat and move along.

Try to do the next one without cuts.

shoot I did like 4 relief cuts on the nose section thinking thats how I would get the fiberglass to wrap around. SMH. the one in the photo is the front left side. learned my lesson for sure.

Hey I had a question about the styrene, I am using epoxy resin can I still use the styrene to take out the white sanding?

thanks.

NO.

I’m in the same boat as Tiberius. Would you explain the styrene step in a bit more detail? Thank you in advance.

The styrene thing only applies to boards glassed with poly…not epoxy.

New to the game…
block sand the whole board with 60grit Flat !, Then filler coat it, Sand it. !..
Your board should be fine and you’ll learn a thing or 2.