javascript and Swaylock's. . . . .what's up?

When I click on a post, in about 10 sec the screen goes blank, and a lengthy javascript number appears. Anyone know what may be going on?

I’m guessing it may be on your end.

At least I haven’t experienced it… yet

I’m also of no help - my computer technical skills are slim

What web browser are you using?

If you are using an old internet explorer, the web development community won’t be on your side.

Can you tell us what web browser you’re using?

There are debug tools in most browsers so if I know what browser you’re in I can tell you how to open the javascript console and look and see if there are any errors or warnings.

If in doubt, install Chrome and use it and see if the problem persists.

Its happened to me a couple times. I just clicked out of the thread and the problem stopped, but it was disconcerting. I got a javascript notice at the top of the page, but the actual page was blank.

EXACTLY ! Except mine won’t go away. It’s a form of malware. Lures you in to ‘‘update’’ your browser. For a fee, of course. I’m really pissed about it. I’m using McAfee, and will look into Norton, to see if that will make it go away.

I have windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron with MS Edge as my browser, and I also have Mcafee. But it hasn’t been a real problem for me, just a minor irritation at this point. Until yesterday I hadn’t seen it at all, Hope you get it sorted out! Let us know how it goes.

I have the same set up as Huck and was getting the blank page. When I tried to look into it, Java told me not to use Edge as a browser but go back to Internet Explorer. Seems to have worked.