Jim Phillips longboard question

Hey Jim, wondering if you can answer a question i have a bout this board im interested in…

http://www.2ndlight.com/forum42ndlight/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=64025&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

in the 2nd shot, looks like a patch or something on the tail 1/3 or so of the board??? unless thats a shadow…

Any more info you got on the rocker, approx nose and tail dims??? thanks a bunch. summer is rollling in here in FL… so i need to find something to suit me (~200 lbs).

also… does the rastafarian tailblock come with any karma guarantee???

it’s a shadow.

there doesn’t appear to be any damage, and even if there was, no one would ever patch a board like that.

board looks good…i say grab it.

that’s a nice board . . . and if its clean and well taken care of that will fall into the steal deal category. I’ve watched Jim shape, and he puts alot of effort and down to the minute detail.

in regards to the patch like thing . . . I do know they use glass patch to strengthen the fins, but not one that big. I would swing by and view the board in person.

Maybe a scanned photo. The way you can tell it’s not a patch is the line is parallel to the edge of the photo and not perpendicular to the stringer. Even if it was perp to the stringer…that kind of patch is a no no…which i’m guessing wouldn’t happen on one of Jim’s boards.

Quote:

in the 2nd shot, looks like a patch or something on the tail 1/3 or so of the board??? unless thats a shadow…

Would the shadow be a fade line? the board may have been stored/left outside in the sun or inside where sun hit it through a window in the same way every day and had that part exposed? Depends what resin/blank where used as some have UV protection and dont fade while older resins and epoxies generally do fade, maybe Jim can help? Also looks like there are two lines, darker at the tail, lighter further up… maybe it was moved once a year for the day the guy took it out… still looks like good money tho… rif.