Jim was right, ....again.

As you predicted, I blew out my first stringer today as I cross-cut merrily away on the nose (foiled again). Said blow-out is about 3 inches back from the tip of the nose and doesn’t quite go all the way through the stringer to the deck. The tip just flexes more than it would normally but it still looks ok. If I get this board glassed what problems can I expect? The board is (or should I say was) a 2 inch thick 6’2" shortboard. Paying some dues, Numbnuts.

Dude, there is a multitude of things you can do…super glue a sliver of wood back on and carefully trim down. Look around the floor of your shaping room.

Dude, there is a multitude of things you can do…super glue a sliver of wood back on and carefully trim down. Look around the floor of your shaping room.

without adding any appreciatible weight you can run a small 4 oz. patch on the nose top and bottom. I ran patches on the bottom of my short boards to keep from denting them while beaching on rocky shores.

without adding any appreciatible weight you can run a small 4 oz. patch on the nose top and bottom. I ran patches on the bottom of my short boards to keep from denting them while beaching on rocky shores.