joe blair quads

any of you guys know anything about joe blairs quads? i havent seen any anywhere. just wondering how they hold up

Inflight @ Seal Beach use to/or is where Blair retails his boards.Call and ask.Herb

That’s where I picked a 6’8 quad a few years back. A great board for a guy like me. Rode like a skateboard in the water. Too bad it was stolen. I’m looking to replace or duplicate it. Anyone shaping in the Seal Beach Long Beach area who wants to shape me a double winged quad fin just like Blair’s Wardog Quad I once had?

Westswell,

Talk to (owners)Scott or Missy Scarbough at Inflight in SealBeach,Ca.Tell him Herb Spitzer refered you to them.

If that doesn’t pan out get a hold of me,I can build you one.Herb

Joe Blair is awesome!!! Funny character. Haven’t ridden his quads but I’ve seen em. Look pretty dang good.

He’s got dudes in Hawaii ridin em a lot. Guess they work over there. You might find him through Mitchs in

Solana Beach. I think he works right there. He also has a quad fin setup with futures fins. I have used

those and they are bueno. Fiberglass too, none of that composite blend plastic crap. Futures won’t

do glass quads cause they say they will be too expensive. Joe’s got em!

Herb,

I’ve talked to Joe a few times. Still interested in having one shaped. I’m in Long Beach. If you are close by and still interested, I’d have you shape me one.

Lemme Know,

TG

I lived in LB for 18yrs.

I now live in Anaheim Hills / Yorba Linda…BEEN out here for like 15.

My brother Ray still lives on the eastside in LB…AND I’m building him a new fishness…be more than happy to shape/or build you a quad. …got the perfecto blanks for it too…7-11H 1st.Quality Clarks.

H

I’m in E. LB too. Let me know how to get in contact with you Herb.

PM me here on the personal message page,and we’ll go from there.

H

I’ve been riding Joe’s boards since 1992. He has shaped about 5 quads for me since 2001starting with a 6’-9" and now down to a 5’-10". Joe is an artist and an awesome shaper. Most quads have the fins too far back but Joe moves them up a bit more and they ride much better. Type “Joe Blair” into Youtube and you’ll see lots of videos of him showing his SUP boards.

Call him directly for a custom board. He shapes out of Solana Beach, California. Here are his numbers: Shop: 858-755-6629, Cell: 760-809-9074. Tell him Steve Hobbs sent you please.  :slight_smile:

Steve

Hi,

I second Steve’s comments on Joe.  I have a few of his boards including two quads and they hold up very well. 

Brad

I’ve had 4 of Joe’s quads over the last 5 years or so. I would have to confirm what the others have said. After my first one, I never really wanted anything else. Yes, he does move the bottom two fins up and they ride what i would compare to is a skateboard. Lots of speed! Personally he is a cool guy, his prices are very reasonable and is willing to work with you on any ideas you may have. I am currently riding one of his 6’8’s and am looking to go smaller. Just had to chime in as i really respect the guy!

I’ve had 4 of Joe’s quads over the last 5 years or so. I would have to confirm what the others have said. After my first one, I never really wanted anything else. Yes, he does move the bottom two fins up and they ride what i would compare to is a skateboard. Lots of speed! Personally he is a cool guy, his prices are very reasonable and is willing to work with you on any ideas you may have. I am currently riding one of his 6’8’s and am looking to go smaller. Just had to chime in as i really respect the guy!

I’m glad to hear from those that have and like them. I personally think of how to incorporate his style into anything new I might have shaped, but then always say “what the hell” let him shape another!

go w/ what works for you.

herb