Laguna Beach, CA

If you’re a long boarder, head down to San O. Here’s what you do:

• Head south to Dana Point and go to Jacks or Killer Dana and rent your longboard.
  • Stop by Ralph’s (grocery store) in Dana Point and grab a gallon of water and a six pack of beer.
  • Stop by A’s Burgers before you leave Dana Point and pick up a burrito or burger (add avocado since you’re in California).
  • Pay the $15 to get into San O.
  • Surf the point (the first lifeguard tower) and old mans (about 1/4 mile south of point) for 2 hours.
  • Eat your burger and have 2 beers. Follow it up with 1/2 gallon of the water you bought at Ralphs.
  • Take 30 minute nap in your car.
  • Wake up and then walk north to Church (across the marine camping ground).
  • Surf Church until you have noodle arms.
  • Walk back to your car and drink 2 more beers and watch the sunset. Drink remaining 1/2 gallon of water.
  • If you’re up for it, do another surf session once the afternoon winds settle down.
  • Drive back to Laguna and eat at Wahoo’s for dinner. Order the Banzai Burrito with blackened fish, wet, with green sauce. Wahoo’s usually has beer specials so order a couple. Hopefully you’re staying close to Wahoo’s so you can walk home and avoid the DUI.
  • Go home and pass out.

Repeat the next day.

If you make down to North County San Diego stop by Surfy Surfy in Leucadia. Lots of nice Longboard waves in Leucadia. Encinitas and Cardiff. Be sure to get to Birds Surf She’d San Diego. part surf shop part museum. Call ahead he rents some vintage surf craft.

Snapped this when I was in laguna last night. Classic

I was born and raised in RI. Spent Summers in PJ when I was a kid, 1962-1966. Learned to surf at K39. Our house was a block away.
My brother used to live next to the Bon Vue and my sister lives in Gansett near Briggs Farm. I left RI in 1973 and now live in MA. I’m sure much has changed since I left.

. . . . .Does get you down to Bird’s, immediately north of his shop, is BULLS B B Q. Pork, Beef, ribs, Andoulli Sausage. Da Bes’!

I learned at k’s as well. That is my favorite break. Always will be. My family had a beach house on Stanford Ave. back in the day we could stand on the roof of the house and see the ocean. Times have changed. All the houses have gone up vertical 2-3 stories.

Hchou. Thank you for the itinerary. I agree 100%. I would like to do that all week. See what the boss has to say. Hehe

I’m gonna check those restaurants out.

Maybe they know something we don’t with that fin set up. Hahah. All the more reason to learn the socal surf culture.