Lamenates

In glassing 101 they show lamenates being applyed. I ahve some good stuff on my computer that i would like to lay on my new board. What type of paper will work with an ink jet then look good on my new board. Or will this work at all!

In glassing 101 they show lamenates being applyed. I ahve some good stuff > on my computer that i would like to lay on my new board. What type of > paper will work with an ink jet then look good on my new board. Or will > this work at all! This won’t work. The ink will bleed when resin is applied, you also can’t run rice paper through your printer. What you can do is use your computer to design your logo then have a screen printer do the color separations and the print work for you.

This won’t work. The ink will bleed when resin is applied, you also can’t > run rice paper through your printer. What you can do is use your computer > to design your logo then have a screen printer do the color separations > and the print work for you. I have used rice paper in my printer(Canon BJC-610) It works fine. You might have to tape the ricepaper to regular sheet of paper. I didnt have any running of ink when it was glassed.

I have also run rice paper through my ink jet (HP 895 Cse) and have had good success with this method, however use a heavy grade of paper like P-92 from Interwest Co. and as previously stated, tape it to a plain sheet of paper. Make sure you print it out right before you are going to use it. I have experienced some wrinkling in the paper when it was left for a couple of days. Good luck!