Lantor Soric/Lib-Tech construction

Yes, it could even be 2.5 oz fiberglass below the lantor soric and still be quite nice. On a balsa sandwich (2 mm balsa), I used to put lighter glass below and 4 oz over and this was already quite good, the thickness making the fibers work better.

This is the kind of stuff that still makes Swaylocks great. The photos and video links are a real education.

I’ve been doing math on sandwich constructions.

1. eps 25 with fiberglass 4 + lantor soric 1.5 + fiberglass 4 vs
  2. eps 25 with fiberglass 2.8 + lantor soric 1.5 + fiberglass 2.8 vs
  3. eps of 30 with 2 fiberglass of 5.5 oz top and 2 down

conclusions
1 weighs almost 400g more than 2 and 3

1 and 2 cost 35e more than 3, counting that in 1 and 2 has not been used, Infusion Mesh. this difference in price is by the difference between the price of the lantor and Infusion Mesh. counting also the extra expense in resin for the surfboard with only eps and fiber. the m2 of fabric costs very similar in thick thicknesses and thicker

1. the construction is too heavy, very similar to a foam board with fabrics of 4 + 4/4

2. and 3) weigh very similar in weight, with interesting results, but I am very concerned with the structure rigid 2) with a fabric of only 2.8 oz

with this the obligatory question. is it worth using lantor soir to show your home surfboards? you have to put 3 layers on each side …

pd: I do not know if I explained very well, I do not know much English and I’m working with the translator. I live in the Basque Country, just in case someone is interested

I’m guessing each guy will have to decide for himself on that. It seems that at some point incremental advantages are going to become increasingly more expensive.

If you follow the bicycle industry there are comparable differences… you can buy a ‘decent’ bike for about $500. For $1,000 you get quite a bit more in performance and weight savings. At some point after that, you are paying a lot more for tiny advantages.