Laser Guidance?

Measuring rocker is a pain, well at least for me. But the pain is over, if you’re willing to spring for a new tool - a small laser. Apparently, small lasers are used all the time to ‘line things up’ in the construction trades. They come is all sizes, I poped $40 dollars for the small commercial one (I couldn’t resist, I seem to have a need to by nice tools, especially ones that solve problems.) Now I simply place the laser at the center of the board, go to the nose (or where ever) and measure the distance from the bottom to the beam. Rocker measurements now take me 10 to 15 seconds. The neat thing is that the board itself need not be level, as its all relative. I searched the archives to see if someone had posted a similar tip and found nothing. If the tip is old news, my apologies. PS Pen lasers, basically pointing devices used by business types, don’t work very well, the beam tends to disperse just a little too much. (They are cheaper though.)

Measuring rocker is a pain, well at least for me. But the pain is over, if > you’re willing to spring for a new tool - a small laser. Apparently, small > lasers are used all the time to ‘line things up’ in the construction > trades. They come is all sizes, I poped $40 dollars for the small > commercial one (I couldn’t resist, I seem to have a need to by nice tools, > especially ones that solve problems.) Now I simply place the laser at the > center of the board, go to the nose (or where ever) and measure the > distance from the bottom to the beam. Rocker measurements now take me 10 > to 15 seconds. The neat thing is that the board itself need not be level, > as its all relative.>>> I searched the archives to see if someone had posted a similar tip and > found nothing. If the tip is old news, my apologies.>>> PS Pen lasers, basically pointing devices used by business types, don’t > work very well, the beam tends to disperse just a little too much. (They > are cheaper though.) Very innovative thinking. Hats off to you bro.