Late 50s (?) Robertson Sweet Repair/Restore

After building four boards for myself I think I’m up to the task of repairing my dad and uncles old board that they shared in their late teens and early 20s.

It looks in really good shape from what I can tell and just needs some dings patched on the nose and tail, a couple on the rails, and maybe a touch up on the fin.

It’s a Robertson Sweet based on what is left of the sticker. I have no clue what the construction is but it’s so heavy I would never put a leash on it for fear of dislocating my leg. You can see from the dings in the photos it looks like a heavy cloth underneath a thick resin layer.

Questions to start:

1. I’m thinking a few small layers of cloth to fit the ding holes and a patch on top to keep from having to fill anything. Clear epoxy resin and feather it in like any ding repair. Anything wrong with that?

2. Does the fin need any attention? Again I would probably just put a little cloth and epoxy over any dings in it and sand smooth.

3. I think I want to find a way to flatten and preserve what’s left of the sticker. Maybe wet and flatten it and let it dry and then a 4oz patch over it to seal it on there? It feels like a paper sticker but it may be something else that has just dried out over the decades.

My dad is 82 and isn’t getting any healthier. I’d love to have him see his son and his granddaughter surf his old board while he’s still around. Any help is appreciated.

Looks like a Waikiki freighter rental, armored FG skin.
Haven’t got a clue how to restore/repair that.

Dad was a fighter pilot. Maybe they used it to launch small aircraft. Any thoughts on preserving the sticker?

My approach for the decal would be to try to tack it down with resin. Then use a small-scale variant of the Jimmy Lewis polyethylene plastic method to lay down a piece of 1-2 oz FG over the decal (practice on scrap with a curled piece of paper).
@6:30

Sounds reasonable. Much appreciated!