Lightning Bolt dedicated to Bill Thrailkill

3 on the tree....love it...I can drive one......is the shifter on the colum...does it ever get stuck?.... ha ha ha ha 

........old guy stuff.......love that Truck.

Stingray it’s on the column and I never had it get stuck, yet.She great at hauling blanks too.

Tom

Beautiful board Tom!

Glad that 82A worked out for this shape. I remember that day you picked up those blanks for your holiday orders.

Thanks for bringing your truck around. That thing is sweet!

~Brian

Those old VW vans are cool and nostalgic - but, a word to the wise: extremely unsafe / poor design, in case of accident.  Be very careful!  I have a friend with two prosthetic legs who can tell you all about it.

The sheet of metal in front of your legs in an old VW van doesn’t offer much protection for sure.  I was in one when it rear-ended a parked vehicle on the side of the road, in an ice storm.  Popped my feet up onto the dashboard just before inpact.  After impact, a one-foot space between metal and seat.  The dash joy-ride handle twisted the sh!t out of my ankle though.

Haven’t re-read to check.  But pretty sure he said it is a Ford Econoline.

Edit: Yep …

You're right - I was going on the visual (photo), meaning I assume the Ford pictured is about the same situation as the VW, i.e. design-wise, not much thought went into protecting the driver in case of collision.  Proceed with caution, that's all I'm saying.  We want everyone here to keep on surfing into old age!

Not sure.  Probably not much protection either.  But, aren’t you riding alongside the engine up front in the Econoline vs.the rear engine VW?

btw very nice build tjrm63.

Thanks Stoneburner, Huck, sorry about your buddy, I know all about the dangers of having vehicles like this, I had 11 VWs in the past 5 where busses, my econoline is similar in the front but has a little more beef to it due to the engine sitting up front. Still not the safest but it is a blast to drive, and for me it makes me more aware of the road and what is around me. No power steering, drum brakes, no radio, just me and my truck enjoying the road.

Tom

Howzit jamie,I think that after all the crap we gave them last time they won't be coming back. They were all tough and talking lawyers at first but by the end of the thread they were apologizing. Aloha,Kokua

Aloha Tom,

Have you had a chance to ride that board yet?    A ride report would be the iceing on the cake.   

Guys have been painting lightning bolts on there boards with there own logo’s for decades. No one cares.

Hay man It’s Ford tough.

Any chance of getting some rough measurements off that bolt template please?

Does something like this help? Boxes are in inches based on the width of the board.

Very much, thank you! I was about to try doing something similar but doubt I would have come up with something quite so useful! Thanks very much JR