logo printing/please help

Thanxs Mike and others that want to reply…(mike)I do want to find and use rice paper and go the computer, printer route… The board is just a naked white board. Questions…I found a non-copyright figure online and with paintshop pro blew it up and darken it…then back to normal size… I have a cannon inkjet…Can i get a black water based cartridge(office max.etc…)or do I inject it,etc. (if so what kind of ink)? Do I bake the paper? If the board is white do i still have to put white on the rice paper?.added info…the image is only 5"x3".later!

Bob: Rice Paper (also called laminate paper or Silkspan) can be found by the sheet through several online surfboard suppliers. I use www.surfsource.net @.35 per sheet. You don’t have to use anything but the standard inkjet cartridges except that there is a disclaimer depending on brand (HP, Canon etc). Some mfr. inks are not very stable including, black which may fade to a purple tint. Just be safe and use a fresh full cartridge, I’ve found that if you are low on any of the colors your laminate colors are more likely to shift or fade. Sometimes you have to tape the laminate material to a sheet of paper to get it to feed properly. My HP does fine without using the paper. Print it, let it dry completely or help it with a hair dryer. As long as you have a whole sheet remember to fill it up with multiples of your image for later use or for testing. If your image is strictly black ink and that’s all you want to show after glassing then you don’t need to use white paint. Adding the white background might be called for on a colored tint or opaque lamination. Tom>>> Thanxs Mike and others that want to reply…(mike)I do want to find and > use rice paper and go the computer, printer route… The board is just a > naked white board. Questions…I found a non-copyright figure online and > with paintshop pro blew it up and darken it…then back to normal size… I > have a cannon inkjet…Can i get a black water based cartridge(office > max.etc…)or do I inject it,etc. (if so what kind of ink)? Do I bake the > paper? If the board is white do i still have to put white on the rice > paper?.added info…the image is only 5"x3".later!

What Tom posted is right on. Don’t bake the paper and you don’t need to mess with white ink if you are not putting your design on a colored board, and you don’t have to use any special ink. All manufacturers of printers have there own ink formula. Some handle UV better than others. I would just do a test piece. Take a piece of foam from cut out, and laminate a piece on it. After it kicks put it somewhere that the sun will hit it. Leave it there for a couple of days and see if there is change in shade etc. Plus it will be good practice if you have never glassed a laminate. If your paper gets wrinkeled going through your inkjet, you can iron the image. Put the logo facing DOWN on your ironing board and take a few passes over the back of it with your iron. This will take care of some good creases but will not always work on some of the bad ones. Since the image is pretty small, do what Tom said and print several of them on your sheets and pick the cleanest looking ones on your page.

What Tom posted is right on. Don’t bake the paper and you don’t need to > mess with white ink if you are not putting your design on a colored board, > and you don’t have to use any special ink. All manufacturers of printers > have there own ink formula. Some handle UV better than others. I would > just do a test piece. Take a piece of foam from cut out, and laminate a > piece on it. After it kicks put it somewhere that the sun will hit it. > Leave it there for a couple of days and see if there is change in shade > etc. Plus it will be good practice if you have never glassed a laminate. > If your paper gets wrinkeled going through your inkjet, you can iron the > image. Put the logo facing DOWN on your ironing board and take a few > passes over the back of it with your iron. This will take care of some > good creases but will not always work on some of the bad ones. Since the > image is pretty small, do what Tom said and print several of them on your > sheets and pick the cleanest looking ones on your page. Bobho, I have a cheap printer, so when the logo comes out light, I just let it dry and run it through again. Just make sure you line it up the same. Patrick

Direct mail should be exciting and unique, offering your potential clients a great deal, limited time discount, or exclusive savings that they will want to act on immediately. Remember, if used strategically, direct mail is a proven marketing strategy still has a lively part to play in helping you grow and maintain your client base. Call the Team Now 540.428.7000 – GRC Direct. http://grcdirect.com