long island

Enough of the details please, just come and check around. Yes there is surf, sometimes, in NY. Yes, I like the “stoke” of people sharing breaks. Yes, I am impressed people that have posted know about LI a little. But it is annoying. Really. How about you exchange private e-mail address’ and share that way. This way we are all happy. It is not a “locals” thing either – I am all for showing an old friend or new friend the fun spots – hell, I love it when friends do it for me when I travel – just please stop posting it. This gets archived. How about we talk about surfboard design again. Thanks, Tim.

Sorry Tim. I only gave out the name of one of the most well known and probably highly populated spots on the West End… which was already the subject of an article in a surfing publication. The East End spots alluded to could be a number of different places, some harder, some not so hard to find. Not sure why this would be a problem - considering that it’s easy to find all the info posted so far. I think that the most sure way to draw a crowd is to act like there is a hidden ‘G-Land’ here - hmm… With the proper PR maybe we could be crawling with feral Australians…? though it’s hard to imagine a modern Jim Banks getting to know the Long Beach Locals looking for the elusive hollows of “Lido-land”! Sorry again - but couldn’t resist the additional comments. I’m done, done, done.>>> Enough of the details please, just come and check around. Yes there is > surf, sometimes, in NY. Yes, I like the “stoke” of people > sharing breaks. Yes, I am impressed people that have posted know about LI > a little. But it is annoying. Really. How about you exchange private > e-mail address’ and share that way. This way we are all happy. It is not a > “locals” thing either – I am all for showing an old friend or > new friend the fun spots – hell, I love it when friends do it for me when > I travel – just please stop posting it. This gets archived. How about we > talk about surfboard design again. Thanks, Tim.

I missed the ferry at Cape Henlopen and was too tired to drive around to NJ, what a horror filled night of mosquito’s from hell. Too hot to sleep with the windows closed, in my sleeping bag with a flannel shirt over my head all night, 85 degrees.