Longboard nose lamination notches

I was wondering what is the best way to notch the fiberglass in the nose area for a noserider type longboard. I had some difficulties with my current project this evening and I cannot seem to find any diagrams for that step in my resource libary. Second query: Does a longboard require an additional patch of glass where the fin box is going to be set? Thanks, Magoo

I was wondering what is the best way to notch the fiberglass in the nose > area for a noserider type longboard. I had some difficulties with my > current project this evening and I cannot seem to find any diagrams for > that step in my resource libary. Second query: Does a longboard require an > additional patch of glass where the fin box is going to be set? Thanks, > Magoo …YES,Patch the area around the box,how you do that is up to you,I like big full patches under the main layer(s)myself.ALSO put a tail patch on the deck as well.Notch? OH,Okay, you mean the cut-in at the nose went setting-up for lamination.Just cut a vee ,start off with a straight (CUTTING TOWARD THE TIP OF THE NOSE) cut.After you’ve finished the cut, push the glass back under the board,(dry)to check it for placement,if there’s more over lap than you need go back to the cut step and re-cut it with a little angle.Check your placement again.REPEAT THIS UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT.Herb.