Longboard rails, etc(Noodle?)

Hi, Are the rails numbers in the cad printouts the cross sections at the widepoint of the board? If so, how should the rails be for the rest of the board? I’m particular conserned about the board turning from anywhere on the board. What is tuck? Is it describing the distance from the apex of the rail to the point where the rail meet the bottom foam? Could I widen the template say half an inch or an inch without any grave penalties? If I do so, can I widen nose, tail and width the same amount or should I widen the tail say half as much as the widepoint? Thanks a bunch, Håvard

Hi,>>> Are the rails numbers in the cad printouts the cross sections at the > widepoint of the board? Yes>>> If so, how should the rails be for the rest of the > board? I’m particular conserned about the board turning from anywhere on > the board. Turning from anywhere on the board is more a function of rear outline and rocker… mostly rear outline. Move the wide point forward and maintain a smooth curve from there to the tail. Make the tail rails low and hard. Make the nose rails the way you like them.>>> What is tuck? Is it describing the distance from the apex of the rail to > the point where the rail meet the bottom foam? Yes.>>> Could I widen the template say half an inch or an inch without any grave > penalties? If I do so, can I widen nose, tail and width the same amount or > should I widen the tail say half as much as the widepoint? If you are talking about rail cross section, yes, add your width at the stringer. If you’re talking about outline, no, the outline curve is a whole. Give me some some numbers and I’ll be glad to give you some. -Noodle

Thanks a bunch! -Håvard