looking for info

Hello

I am looking for info on a board my father gave me. He got it from a guy that new the shaper of this board. Told my dad no to surf the board it was rare and one of last ones the guy shaped. I dont know about this kinda stuff, hope someone here could shine shine some light on it for me.

Thank you
Shawn

This board is hardly “rare”. Not sure where you got that idea but it is very wrong. He was still shaping under his own name as late as 2008. He now shapes for the Byrne label.
http://www.byrnesurf.com/dt_team/michael-baron-2/

Thank you for info!

I was living in Carlsbad right off Tamarack Beach. Joey Buran and Micheal Baron were young Groms May 12 or 13 years old. Best Freinds and we’re both outstanding Surfers. You just knew that they would someday be very well known for their Surfing. At the time they went Pro, the Pro contest circuit was pretty much sex drugs and rock n roll with Surfing mixed in. It took it’s toll on a lot of young Surfers including Joey and Michael. Michael had a talent for shaping. He opened a shop in Oceanside. Had a small retail outlet down by the Oceanside Harbor. Joey dropped out of surfing Found Jesus became Minister. I have heard that he is once again Surfing. I can still see those two on the Beach at Tamarack throwing sand on each other, then paddling out pushing each other and putting on Proformance that made you take notice