Looking to find information on old Channin board

Looking to find some information on this old Channin board. It’s probably a pre-1980 but other than that I have little information, but a number and a signature is visible.  

Sorry for the dirty board and bad pictures.

Also, does anyone have any email address to contact Channin? Their website is Flash only and I don’t have anything capable of running Flash to contact them!

Quite the cool forum here - I’m enjoying reading many of the posts.

Since it has three fins it cannot be pre 1980. Might be as new as mid 80s.

Not pre 80’s.  Doubt  that Channin would raise his head above ground on the Cape to give anyone info on one board out of 1’000’s he did during the 80’s and 90’s.  But there are a few who frequent this site who had a connection to Tony and may chime in.

It’s from the mid - late 80’s. I’d say 86-87. Shaped by Rick Hamon who soon afterwards left to work at Rustys. That Channin logo was designed by Cher Threinen-Pendarvis. She also did the original 70’s Channin logo. 

Thank you!  Was hoping you would see the thread and chime in.  The Pendarvis Clan really gets around.  Forgot about Rick Hamon.   So I’m assuming after Hamon he began to rely on KKL more or did he just use their services for the Special Edition stuff like My “Black” board…  Lowel

Thank you for the info!

Rick had moved on to Rustys years before Tony Channin, Bill Bahne & Ray Baum started KKL. I recall Rusty running an ad in the surf mags back then dissing computer shaping machines, stating that the computer they use is in their front office for the bookeeper. To compete with KKL and keep their stable of shaper working, Rick and Rusty came up with the line of “close tolerance” blanks for Clark Foam. Those blanks were pretty close to the actual shape thickness and rocker wise. Eventually, years later Rusty got his own machine.

Black board? Is that one of those collector Noll Cat reissues built at Channins in the late 90s? Those where machine shaped at KKL and Hank Byzak finished them.

Yes.  We talked about it before.  Black with red pinline around a clear concave