magic boards...

there’s a lot of discussion below about rockers, which blank, how much to cut and from nose or tail, etc. all important subjects for beginners/ experts alike. we all know surfboards are a synergy of all these design principles;length, volume, outline, rocker, etc., etc. what i’m curious about is how boards which are almost identical can feel so different. one might feel perfect, the other dead. most people claim rocker as the most important aspect of board performance. i’m curious about the synergy between rocker peak, wide point, and foil. in terms of pure surfing ability, (not nes. paddling), it would seem the relationship between these three factors crucial. i keep imagining a board with rocker peak, wide point, and thickness point all balanced between the surfers feet. anyone have thoughts on this? i’m wondering if people match wide point with thickness and rocker peak. also, i have a friend who regularly cuts down blanks for a flatter rocker taking most length from the nose area. doesn’t this totally change the rocker peak.? pushing it forward? it seems this would drastically change performance. i also notice his boards seem a little harder to paddle…anyone?