Malibu Weekend Warning!!!

The Malibu Bored Riders Club is engaged in their annual hijacking of First Point Malibu this weekend. How many surfers, beach goers, tourists and others have had their plans changed because these guys have invited every club on the West Coast to take over Surfrider? I don’t think anyone would be put out much if they took 1/4 mile stretch of Zuma or even El Porto to hold this silly event. Overall, they are good family oriented people who are probably more interested in the social interactions than the surf, but these events leave a bad taste in the mouths of many.

The Malibu Bored Riders Club is engaged in their annual hijacking of First > Point Malibu this weekend. How many surfers, beach goers, tourists and > others have had their plans changed because these guys have invited every > club on the West Coast to take over Surfrider?>>> I don’t think anyone would be put out much if they took 1/4 mile stretch > of Zuma or even El Porto to hold this silly event.>>> Overall, they are good family oriented people who are probably more > interested in the social interactions than the surf, but these events > leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. query: about that “proneman” thing, do you ride standing or lay down on some kind of wave biscuit? Quinn

The Malibu Bored Riders Club is engaged in their annual hijacking of First > Point Malibu this weekend. How many surfers, beach goers, tourists and > others have had their plans changed because these guys have invited every > club on the West Coast to take over Surfrider?>>> I don’t think anyone would be put out much if they took 1/4 mile stretch > of Zuma or even El Porto to hold this silly event.>>> Overall, they are good family oriented people who are probably more > interested in the social interactions than the surf, but these events > leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. Get over it!! I heard my dad tell my mom that you should go to that 1/4 mile stretch of Zuma, way, way around to the left. He told her that you could play with yourself, or some of the other PRONEMEN. I’m not sure what he ment but, he kept laughing all the way out the back door. See you at the Bu! Have fun with yourself :-o

…HOW ABOUT the northside at Huntington pier,where the rest of the circus is.Herb

…HOW ABOUT the northside at Huntington pier,where the > rest of the circus is.Herb …My dad said,Let every clown in califorina have that spot everyday of the week.So he could go to his secret spot where the men are men and the women are too.

…My dad said,Let every clown in califorina have that spot everyday of > the week.So he could go to his secret spot where the men are men and the > women are too. You west coast types make me jealous…I live on the east coast and it is always flat unless there is onshore wind chop.We would be stoked to go out on the stuff that you guys wouldn’t even paddle out for.I used to live in California and if you get up early in the morning you can get waves…you guys are spoiled…quit whining.Your worst day is epic around here…Gotta go its 1 foot and cranking!

You west coast types make me jealous…I live on the east coast and it is > always flat unless there is onshore wind chop.We would be stoked to go out > on the stuff that you guys wouldn’t even paddle out for.I used to live in > California and if you get up early in the morning you can get waves…you > guys are spoiled…quit whining.Your worst day is epic around > here…Gotta go its 1 foot and cranking! …Yeah,and I bitch at the Hawaiians for whinning about stuff they let gO!!!I would be sooo happy to have there conditions. …This winter I met some folks from Essex,England,no beach(just mud)no waves,no SUN?..NO SUN,That just down right sucks. …It did make me appreciate what I have.Herb

The Malibu Bored Riders Club is engaged in their annual hijacking of First > Point Malibu this weekend. How many surfers, beach goers, tourists and > others have had their plans changed because these guys have invited every > club on the West Coast to take over Surfrider?>>> I don’t think anyone would be put out much if they took 1/4 mile stretch > of Zuma or even El Porto to hold this silly event.>>> Overall, they are good family oriented people who are probably more > interested in the social interactions than the surf, but these events > leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. perhaps the positive of this is one can witness perfect Malibu with only 4 or 5 boards in the water-like back in the day of Quigg,Simmons ,Kivlin…

You west coast types make me jealous…I live on the east coast and it is > always flat unless there is onshore wind chop.We would be stoked to go out > on the stuff that you guys wouldn’t even paddle out for.I used to live in > California and if you get up early in the morning you can get waves…you > guys are spoiled…quit whining.Your worst day is epic around > here…Gotta go its 1 foot and cranking! You guys are sooo funny! We get excited when it’s 2 foot and cranking!

Around here when it hits two feet we grab our full on big wave guns and try to avoid the Coast Guard helicopters warning us that we are in severe danger.Last year we survived this situation even though there was a giant school of bloodthirsty turtles in the lineup.

perhaps the positive of this is one can witness perfect Malibu with only 4 > or 5 boards in the water-like back in the day of Quigg,Simmons ,Kivlin… Why do you think that Miki got so cynical, they started something that snowballed into a nightmare.

perhaps the positive of this is one can witness perfect Malibu with only 4 > or 5 boards in the water-like back in the day of Quigg,Simmons ,Kivlin… Just before dark Sunday night, white plastic tent still on the sand, Malibu with only 5 or 6 out… Of course, it was very nearly flat. But that doesn’t mean there wasn’t anything “Out There”.

Why do you think that Miki got so cynical, they started something that > snowballed into a nightmare. And just where are you going to see tandem surfing with such control and grace, right before your very eyes peeling for a hundred yards. Get over it !!! But have fun :-o

Gee-We came down from Santa Cruz for the event-it was great.The Boardriders raised thousands of dollars for the the Ride-a Wave program’s effort to to take Ronald McDonald House Kids(cancer patients all) for a day on the beach surfing, outriggering and generally enjoying (with vigor) that which the rest of us take for granted. Surfing has given us so much-if you can’t give up a summer weekend at first point( a zoo anyway) so that cancer kids can have a day to forget their blues-there is something wrong with you and you should be ashamed of yourself. I, for one, am proud of the Boardriders and what they did last weekend.If you want to talk about it proneman post your phone number and i’ll call you. P.S. If you would have walked up the beach you would have found second point uncrowded chest high and fun.