Markup/ rider cut on pro models

i checked out a really nice fish design by Beau Young/Bear surfboards in Byron bay the other day. one of the cleanest i have seen.

price tag $1050.00

i thought what the!! is beau taking a $200 cut from that cause none of the other brands hit the one grand mark.

The $1050 price tag is very extreme but hey people will pay it . for the prestige of a beau young model. Beats me not even a custom.

where was it made?

if its an import it could be from the uk or usa that will put the price up. we get it alot in our shop we have a bear in our shop that is the equivolent of $1250 aus !

They’re made in Byron. I guess you saw it at Ho’Okupu. Nice boards but you could get a similar board custom made for half the price easy.

ah yes the power of branding…

consume consume consume…

im sure the lucky buyer will pose on the beach more than actually surf on it…

make it yourself for a fraction of the price…

A classic case of ‘name’ branding.

McTavish mals in the 9’ + size go for up to $1200-1500aus , here in Perth , west australia

The price you pay for being 4000 miles away ?

or …

What? a grand for something made probably from a 6’2C wrapped with eglass and poly??? crazy!

I’d rather spend that grand on some bert burger sunovas…

…if he decided to make me one :wink:

Rio

newport ??

got a regular from there …

the last time he ordered a board the dollar was 50 cents to 1 aussie dollar , by the time his order came up it was 85 to 1 aussie dollar …

i said if the dollar drops i would push him to the front of the line …

poor guy watched the price of his board jump almost 500 bucks while waiting …

mark up on pro models? , ive seen a range of 30 to 200 , depending on what the name is worth…

thats the way it is , like it or not …

regards

BERT

Chip that is pretty well the same price as at the mctavish factory . outrageous. how can it be justified . maybe if every board was shaped by bob from go to whoa.A mate just got a billabong ,js 6’6. set him back $650au. thats 100 bucks a foot for machine shapes. hand shapers should charge 150.

its a shame really, i love the rails/foils that paul hutchison does on the takayama/bear surf boards out of the byron factory. also the resin tints and pigments are probably the best i have seen in australia, although this particular board was just sprayed with paint. when i saw the fish it was pretty much perfect as far as what i like in a board. just not worth that money. i have checked out their showroom a couple of times and there are always some japanese customers hanging there which could explain. Beau is big in japan …