Master Shaper Series Video

Master Shaper Series video worth the investment? Shaping 101 was good (learned a lot), but my interest has always been longboards.

Master Shaper Series video worth the investment? Shaping 101 was good > (learned a lot), but my interest has always been longboards. I got a copy for Chistmas, Along with the excellent shaping instructions, is alot of well explained surfboard theory. I give it a thumbs up for content.

Master Shaper Series video worth the investment? Shaping 101 was good > (learned a lot), but my interest has always been longboards. Nothing against JC and the 101 video, it is a good product. But the Master Shaper Series is just that. A detailed description of a Master at work and how he plies his craft. You CANNOT go wrong. Pick it up and give us your opinion afterward. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Magoo

…if your serious about shaping,especially longies,it’s a must.Herb

…if your serious about shaping,especially longies,it’s a must.Herb Roger you said you would send me one??? Please!!! Rob Always looking for new tricks… http://surfnwsc.com

Roger you said you would send me one??? Please!!! Rob>>> Always looking for new tricks… Rob…I will get in touch with Matt at Damascus Productions and see if he can shoot you one out on D.V.D.He would like to meet you and has recently moved to your neck of the woods.He used to work for me in the shop building boards so he is a pretty good craftsman as well as a film director.I think he wants to shape a board and get hooked up in the Washington Surf Scene.Sounds like a good trade to me…R. Brucker

Rob…I will get in touch with Matt at Damascus Productions and see if he > can shoot you one out on D.V.D.He would like to meet you and has recently > moved to your neck of the woods.He used to work for me in the shop > building boards so he is a pretty good craftsman as well as a film > director.I think he wants to shape a board and get hooked up in the > Washington Surf Scene.Sounds like a good trade to me…R. Brucker Very Cool can’t wait… He could use my bay to shape a lot of shapers and future shapers use it… Thanks http://surfnwsc.com

Any idea when the glassing dvd and the shaping dvd will be released to the unconnected general public like myself… Dave

Any idea when the glassing dvd and the shaping dvd will be released to the > unconnected general public like myself… Dave Sorry Dave I guess it does sound of “clubby” at times.I think that the shaping dvd is out but not quite sure…They were getting them copied and were waiting for jackets.The glassing is still being edited…be patient there is lots of stuff.You should email damascus productions for an update…R.B/

Good to know, thanks. I know the dvd is not out yet due to there move up here the pacfic northwest, I thought you might have some inside information on the releases of the 2 dvds. Can’t wait for that. The other day you told me to think outside the box, so have you, yourself or anyone else out there tried using dried artist pigments with epoxy? I tried some today on a sample of foam and it turned out super bright and vibrant. Any thoughts on this?

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to start with the 101 (i.e. beginner’s course), and then go on to the Master Shaper series, or if the master series covers the fundamentals as well as the more advanced stuff. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to start with the 101 > (i.e. beginner’s course), and then go on to the Master Shaper series, or > if the master series covers the fundamentals as well as the more advanced > stuff. Thanks. The 101 vid takes you through one way to shape a modern thruster.The master shaper gives a lot more detailed info but primarily deals with long board style shaping.I say get em both…the investment is still cheaper than a messed up board.By the way Jim Phillips is planning on doing another video that will be geared to short boards and included will be a bonus balsa section.Although Jim is known around here for his fantastic long boards he has also shaped thousands of shorties also.

Thanks for the response. I am more interested in longboard and egg-style shaping, but I figure it’s probably a good idea to learn as much as you can about all aspects, so I think the 101 video would be good to pick up as well. One of the great things about Swaylock’s is seeing how the whole process works, how you guys approach the whole thing, always learning and innovating, incorporating different ideas. Nice to have something like that (shaping), that you can carry over the years and always get better at.