materials for reparation/ restoration a Bing Pintail Lightweight OT

…hello BB30, not a rip off is what you had in that time; silane is a newer finish and less toxic (no chromium)
Volan mostly is a low quality fiberglass.

-Hello Shaolin, read again my first comment; you did not read it right; hence this last question about the process.

Looks like a job for good ol bondo…

It is as Mike stated a pretty easy fix. If you clean up all the loose, shattered strands and pieces of glass it would be a very tight gash to fill. Fill one side at a time with tape on the opposite side to prevent drippage. Q-cell, Cabosil or Milled Fiber could be used. I would use Q-cell and attempted to Green it up a bit with pigment. That’s the tricky part; Cosmetics. It is also possible to fill the gash and place a piece of 4 oz over it, hotcoat and sand. Then fade with a cup gun and paint the rail area. Since you have a straight line to follow at the cut lap, you can tape off the deck and bottom flats for over spray. Once that is done cover the painted area with four ounce. You may not need the Volan if done this way. I have previously removed finboxes from boards, patched with foam, applied 4 oz. , painted over the repair, added a tail patch of 4 or 6 oz. if the paint is matched correctly the repair is GONE! And NO they don’t delam if done properly. Lowel

PS---- six or seven years ago Calvani was most likely using US Blanks. However the last three or four years every time I go to Millennium in Gardena for a pick up; I see stacks of custom rockered and glue-ups with Calvani’s name on them waiting to be picked up. I have also seen the 100 or 150 a week that come thru there headed for Channel Islands