Mexican Blanket Question

So after you apply all colors you squeegy from top to bottom…will the murky squeegy colors do anything to the lighter colors already on the board? Will it affect, let’s say, a wide yellow stripe? Looking at the Austin video the squeegied excess looks really murky.

the colors shouldnt blend any more because the first one to hit the foams or cloth is the one that stays…the excess will look like cra, but if you squeegee it off cleany, it will be completley gone…you just need to use the hard edge of a rubber sqeegee and do a thourough job :slight_smile:

Hey Guys,

You will get a tint of the darker colors over lighter colors. Your eyes will focus and make you see the underlying color, but after looking closer you will see it. Here is two examples, check out the yellow and whites.

Hope that helps,

Austin S.

Austin,

I noticed in your video that you “squeegied” your shoe laces by hand, then laid it on the cloth, so as not to get anything oversaturated? Oversaturation can cause tons of muck. I wonder if I can just blot any excess with old cotton towels or will they leave some sort of cotton fibers on the lam??

Hey 220,

We just got all of the excess dripping off the shoe laces in order to keep it from dripping on the board while trying to lay them out straight. On this board after we did the black sunburst it had alot of excess still floating above the cloth. So before we did the red flood, we wiped the excess with paper towels.

Hope that helps,

Austin S.