Mini simmons point of view

Hi folks,
I decided to start a mini simmons project, and I would love to have your points of view about the design that I did with shape3d. Every constructive comments are welcome. for fins positions, I think I will go for something like 3"1/2 to 4" from the tail, toe-in 1/4 et fins cant 4 degrees.

Aloha.

I am wondering if I shouldn’t add much more tail rocker like 0.88"?

hey man if it was me, I would add more tail rocker and add some V to help turn that wide tail

Hi dude,
Thanks for your recommendations. I added a Vee at the tail. So now, single to double concave and vee at the tail. I put tail rocker 0.88" and nose rocker 3.61". What do you think ?

If it was me, I’d put a big honking concave in the last 1/3 of the board. Forget the vee.

Hi gunkie,
What do you mean by honking concave ?

They go best with about 1/2’ of tail rocker. and a deep double concave running against the fins. No vee necessary. nose rocker looks good

The best minis I’ve surfed have had a distinct deep single concave in the rear 1/3 to 1/2 of the board.

http://www.minisimmonssurfboards.com/understanding-mini-design/

I think vee, while allowing rail-to-rail transitions, might cause the mini to spin out. I really liked the concave because it allowed me to get it right on rail and make hard turns. But, as always, YMMV.

Good luck, it’s a fun project.

Hi deez,
your point of view is also interesting. In my first design I have tail rocker 0.48" and rocker 3.61" with a double concave running against the fins. U said 1/2’ as tail rocker, so you mean 0.5" so i add 0.2" more to my tail? That’s enough as tail rocker?

plenty. ive done them with 0 tail rocker and they fly. people tend to want to over do the simmons, and then you get a board that is not a simmons at all. low tail rocker, low nose rocker. hull entry with 60/40 down rails to hard edge in the tail. double concave twin fin set far back on the tail. my magic number is 3.5" from tail