Misaligned fin

Question, I have glassed in my fin box a bit off. With the fin in, it is slightly canted and off center maybe a 16th of an inch or so. How will this effect the ride of my board? It has been finished for awhile and still not ridden. I am of only marginally ability so would I even be able to tell? If Chantel developes into a hurricane it will soon be put to the test. Thanks for any input.

Ed, Don’t stress too much over it as water is never hitting the board straight on. One of the best boards I ever had had a crooked fin. It will go to the rail a littile quicker on one side but that’s about it. aloha!!!

I did the same with the 8’6" I just finished, 16th or less, and I can’t tell. But I guess i’m riding the same slop as you, got five and a quick ten today but praying for Chantel to put it to the test as well. JR

Question, I have glassed in my fin box a bit off. With the fin in, it is > slightly canted and off center maybe a 16th of an inch or so. How will > this effect the ride of my board? It has been finished for awhile and > still not ridden. I am of only marginally ability so would I even be able > to tell? If Chantel developes into a hurricane it will soon be put to the > test. Thanks for any input. you’ll probably experience son humming at high speed other than that don’t worry about it. It’s not like your building the space shuttle or anything! jc

The fin won’t hum unless it’s foiled improperly.