More on foaming or moron foaming

Look, I don’t have a beef with Rabitt, but I think giving advise that is dangerous for one and completely out of the range of the capablities of anyone other than persons with the technology to do so is irresponsible. Foaming reactions are toxic with out proper respirators and gloves, not just your everyday filter masks or regular filter cartridges, but inorganic chemical filters. I’m not looking for a pissing match, but I would never tell any of you to go right ahead and do something that is just plain foolish.

Look, I don’t have a beef with Rabitt, but I think giving advise that is > dangerous for one and completely out of the range of the capablities of > anyone other than persons with the technology to do so is irresponsible. > Foaming reactions are toxic with out proper respirators and gloves, not > just your everyday filter masks or regular filter cartridges, but > inorganic chemical filters. I’m not looking for a pissing match, but I > would never tell any of you to go right ahead and do something that is > just plain foolish. Jim I feel like starting something here, but i wont, But this type of commet is whats slowing down the surfing industry. If i hadn’t tryied different things with foam, you dont go forward, you can now buy chemcials ready to blend to make surfboard foam, all the hard work is done.but we dont want to upset anyone now do we. Just think how cheap you could make foam. No need to worry about cheap board coming in from over seas Rabbit http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au

Jim I feel like starting something here, but i wont, But this type of > commet is whats slowing down the surfing industry. If i hadn’t tryied > different things with foam, you dont go forward, you can now buy chemcials > ready to blend to make surfboard foam, all the hard work is done.but we > dont want to upset anyone now do we. Just think how cheap you could make > foam. No need to worry about cheap board coming in from over seas Rabbit Calm down for a minute Rabbit and Jim…let me interject my thoughts.I used to work in a blank factory so I am not coming out of the blue here.First off I agree with Rabbit on the fact that you can make it if you try,the chemicals can be bought but the mixes are usually propietary in nature,building a mold to safely withstand the expansion of foam is another story.I think that perhaps Rabbit has a good thing going with the new blanks and resins…if he could figure out a way to get U.S. distributers to handle the products he would probably do well…shipping is the big factor.As for Jim Phillips he is right in his statements…this site is geared to backyard hobby builders and blowing blanks one at a time in your garage would be difficult.Enough said on that.Yo Rabbit…why don’t you send Jim some blank and resin samples to try out,he is well respected in the industry and could possibly hook you up.Thanks to both of you guys.

Calm down for a minute Rabbit and Jim…let me interject my thoughts.I used > to work in a blank factory so I am not coming out of the blue here.First > off I agree with Rabbit on the fact that you can make it if you try,the > chemicals can be bought but the mixes are usually propietary in > nature,building a mold to safely withstand the expansion of foam is > another story.I think that perhaps Rabbit has a good thing going with the > new blanks and resins…if he could figure out a way to get U.S. > distributers to handle the products he would probably do well…shipping > is the big factor.As for Jim Phillips he is right in his statements…this > site is geared to backyard hobby builders and blowing blanks one at a time > in your garage would be difficult.Enough said on that.Yo Rabbit…why don’t > you send Jim some blank and resin samples to try out,he is well respected > in the industry and could possibly hook you up.Thanks to both of you guys. Would love to send some foam and resin, I just work for Rob at southcoast foam.if contacted me at and i will see what can be arranged Rabbit http://Southcoastfoam.com.au

Blowing foam in your garage is easy. Just buy the chemicals, make a form out of plywood(with topside open for expansion), pour and wait. I really doubt it’s any more toxic then the spraycan building foam. Always wear a respirator anyway. Making professional quality blanks is a whole other story. regards, Håvard