more twinzer fun

I am dreaming up a twinzer style board and I love some input / ideas (especially fin placement stuff or info on what bottom contours might work)

The Board -  a 5'7" twin keel style template - slightly tweaked ! maybe a slightly pulled in nose and a hip behind the fins tail pulled to 8" or 9".... loose / skatey / drivey is what i'm hoping to achieve

I was searching through all of the archived info on twinzers and I found something that suggested the rear - (larger) fins should be located 7" up from the tail....  thoughts?

Oh - i have a set of the lokbox twinzer fins - so I'll probably use them...

THANKS!

Dang, my post is sinking like a brick!

Anyone have a Mabile twinzer fish and willing to share the distance from the tail to the back of the large rear fin?

I have looked through tons of info here and picked up some good stuff...

If I remember, I’ll do it tonight or something.

7" up is a good starting point - but think about the adjustment in the box when you plan the placement so you can have some movement front and back…

I love the twinzer set up on semi-trad fish. Much more fun than a quad!

Rob - Much thanks for your response!  I have been checking out your photos and work for a while now.  I was especially stoked to see your twinzer/mini-simmons creation.  Pretty much inspired by that - I'm going to hold off on shaping my new twinzer and instead modify my last mini-simmons into a twinzer. 

I made a "trilobite" style simmons with the bump and then slightly pulled in after the tail and then a box for the rear trailer fin.  The board currently doesnt drive down the line like it I hoped... I wanted to move the fins back farther anyway.  I was thinking about placing the canard in front of the bump then having my larger back fin begin off the trailing edge of the forward fin.  I have a few templetes to choose from and Im basically try to decide wether to use a more traditional twinzer style rear fin (ie more upright and rakey) or more of a keel.  Big desicion and it will really effect the ride.  Considering it's wide tail and flatter rocker what type of rear fin would you guys recomend?  Again - I'm hoping to acheive loose and skatey for beachbreak surf

I'm going to try to put some pictures on here....

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2ccul9x.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks!!!

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2vagsah.jpg[/IMG]

hey, and thanks for the kind words.

at first glance, if that was mine, I would straigten up the keels to almost parallel, or 1/16" toe, move them in an inch overall, and add a small canard in front with maybe 1/2" over lap, 1 1/4" in between fins and parallel to the keels, then remove or modify the trailer to be micro sized.

just some quick thoughts, but i bet just removing the trailer would be fun!

Rob - good idea. Yeah these guys are kinda toed in a bit much.  While I'm at it I may move them a bit towards the tail...  just not getting that forward projection that I should be.

3.5" x 3.5" canards or smaller than that?

Any other ideas?  I really appreciate the input.  I'd love to dial this board in! 

The fin box in the back was origially intinded to be for a mini-trailer.  I threw that larger fin on in attempt to get more drive.

Here is a surf photo from Hatteras, NC a few weeks ago to stoke the people...  (not me surfing nor can I take credit for the photo.. I did catch some nice lefts that day)

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2d6uvf6.jpg[/IMG]

that looks like FUN!

back to the fins, it depends on what size your keel is, and how you want it to go… i used the lead fin from a Bonzer5, but you could adapt even a C5 fin for use, and just fit an fcs plug or 2 for it…