Morning of the Earth

Has anyone else noticed the three-fined board? It’s right at the beginning of the Hawaii part being carried down the path toward the water by someone (I don’t know who it is) next to Terry Fitzgerald. It’s a single fin w/ stabilizers, but this was back in '72 well before Simon Anderson’s thrusters. I think a little credit is due to whoever the shaper was and maybe a little credit taken away from Anderson, just to make history correct. Or maybe someone out there knows of a three-fined board that pre dates Morning of the Earth.

That was Owl Chapman. We all got into those little fins for awhile over there. I don’t consider them a predecessor to the Thruster, just a way to get wide tailed single fins to hold better. aloha, tom

Has anyone else noticed the three-fined board? It’s right at the beginning > of the Hawaii part being carried down the path toward the water by someone > (I don’t know who it is) next to Terry Fitzgerald. It’s a single fin w/ > stabilizers, but this was back in '72 well before Simon Anderson’s > thrusters. I think a little credit is due to whoever the shaper was and > maybe a little credit taken away from Anderson, just to make history > correct. Or maybe someone out there knows of a three-fined board that pre > dates Morning of the Earth. Ask Bill Banhe about the 3 fin v-bottom Crystal Ship I shaped for him in the summer of 1968