Most suitable blank for a 7'2 fun shape

Last time I asked this question, was for my 10’ long board and I went against everybody’s advice and went for the Phil Edwards 10’3 blank and spent what seemed for ever mowing shed loads of foam off the thing!! (I will learn)! So, with that in mind, and getting no prizes for burying my self in foam dust (it tastes awful doesn’t it). What would be a suitable blank to yield 7’2 23" 3" thick with a flatish rocker. Thanks in advance Peaman

“7’2 23” 3" thick with a flatish rocker." - It may have more bulk than you want but the 7’3" E would yield a wide flat board with 3" thickness. Do you have the blank catalogue? It’s available for download as well as rocker specs although someone here mentioned that those may be obsolete. Check “resources”, then “links”, then “materials & supplies”, then “foam” - Clark Foam link has blank catalog. See below for link to rocker specs from Fiberglass supply. http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Product_Catalog/Blanks/Rockers/rockers.html

“7’2 23” 3" thick with a flatish rocker." - It may > have more bulk than you want but the 7’3" E would yield a wide flat > board with 3" thickness. Do you have the blank catalogue? It’s > available for download as well as rocker specs although someone here > mentioned that those may be obsolete. Check “resources”, then > “links”, then “materials & supplies”, then > “foam” - Clark Foam link has blank catalog. See below for link > to rocker specs from Fiberglass supply. …a 7-4R would work,but it would be on the close tolerance side, foresure.Herb

http://surfnwsc.com

The 7’3" John mentioned, yep, a nice meaty and flat blank. Thats the one I would go with.

The 7’4"R works well for big guy boards and hybrids. It has a modern rocker/foil.

Use the 7-3. Take out the convex in the bottom first. The 7-4r is a great blank, but may have a thickness/rocker issue for what you want to shape. You may want to re think the 23" width dimention. Maybe consider 22 for a max. For the extra width (23") you may be sacrificing too much as far as the aspect ratio goes. aloha, Tom

Tom, could you explain aspect ratio? How do you figure it out for different size boards? I have heard this is part of what makes an old style fish so wicked fast. Thanks, Scott

“7’2 23” 3" thick with a flatish rocker." - It may > have more bulk than you want but the 7’3" E would yield a wide flat > board with 3" thickness. Do you have the blank catalogue? It’s > available for download as well as rocker specs although someone here > mentioned that those may be obsolete. Check “resources”, then > “links”, then “materials & supplies”, then > “foam” - Clark Foam link has blank catalog. See below for link > to rocker specs from Fiberglass supply. We hope our on-line blank catalogue is always up to date. We strive to keep it fresh. Let me know if we are not doing so. Go to wwww.clarkfoam.com

We hope our on-line blank catalogue is always up to date. We strive to > keep it fresh. Let me know if we are not doing so.>>> Go to wwww.clarkfoam.com Guys and Girls thanks, as always for your help. I did check out the Clark shapes catalogue which is great for reference. Many of you however, are more aware of how these blanks shape up, and how they perform, which helps the novice like myself out, no end. Cheers! I will make the call tommorow and get the order in. Laters Peaman