My Dear Noodle !

Noodle, To point and intimidate is a sign of insecurity. What is your problem with freespeach. My main aim is to future develope “Aquatic Gliders” with an open digression of information from myself to participators in this experiment. You are correct about the fact that there is nothing new in this particular board. We prefer to call the “Stingers” “Flyers”. The pintail concave to radical tail relief. The displacement nose, twin rocker and actual wing chords blended into a high performance flow form. Every component is not particularly new, but the way they have been blended together makes a marked difference in performance. At least 30% faster whilst remaining nimble and fluid turning. By purchasing the information you can constuct your own Fat Penguin to test and refine. Ive spent over AUD$100,000 to get it this far. There have been many years of R&D to find the sweet board that is now being built for customers world wide. Below is an enquirey from San Diego, his board is being built right now ! “Hi Paul, I just saw your new design and think it’s great! Good for you! I am sooooo tired of these pinhead surfers who think that the evolution of board design has reached it’s apex, shoot it’s just getting started! I would love to try one of your fine sticks! I usually ride a 9’6” and just got a Swizzle, which I love. Rode it all over Kauai for the last two weeks and had a blast. I love new inovative designs and yours looks incredible. I’ll bet it works like a dream. I’m in San Diego, where are you? What sizes do the FP come in? Please advise." We have many of these individuals, happy to accept something else. With open minds that are not assuming ! Noodle get yourself US$50 and buy your own set of plans, build it, ride it then tell me what you think. You will be very surprised. E-MAIL – regards Fat Penguin.

Noodle,>>> To point and intimidate is a sign of insecurity.>>> What is your problem with freespeach.>>> My main aim is to future develope “Aquatic Gliders” with an open > digression of information from myself to participators in this experiment.>>> You are correct about the fact that there is nothing new in this > particular board. We prefer to call the “Stingers” > “Flyers”. The pintail concave to radical tail relief. The > displacement nose, twin rocker and actual wing chords blended into a high > performance flow form. Every component is not particularly new, but the > way they have been blended together makes a marked difference in > performance. At least 30% faster whilst remaining nimble and fluid > turning.>>> By purchasing the information you can constuct your own Fat Penguin to > test and refine. Ive spent over AUD$100,000 to get it this far.>>> There have been many years of R&D to find the sweet board that is now > being built for customers world wide. Below is an enquirey from San Diego, > his board is being built right now !>>> “Hi Paul, I just saw your new design and think it’s great! Good for > you!>>> I am sooooo tired of these pinhead surfers who think that the evolution of > board design has reached it’s apex, shoot it’s just getting started! I > would love to try one of your fine sticks! I usually ride a 9’6” and > just got a Swizzle, which I love. Rode it all over Kauai for the last two > weeks and had a blast. I love new inovative designs and yours looks > incredible. I’ll bet it works like a dream. I’m in San Diego, where are > you? What sizes do the FP come in? Please advise.">>> We have many of these individuals, happy to accept something else. With > open minds that are not assuming !>>> Noodle get yourself US$50 and buy your own set of plans, build it, ride it > then tell me what you think. You will be very surprised.>>> E-MAIL – >>> regards Fat Penguin. Hello, T, How does your surfboard react to surface bump and ledges as wave size and power increase? Is this design adaptable to both flat and hollow surf? Have you expanded this concept into the range of longboards? It would be great if you could post a few top, bottom and side view photos in Swaylocks, and briefly delineate your main ideas behind this creation and the function of its fins. Thanks for sharing! Dale

How many other board builders do you allow to commercially advertise their wares on this forum? This guy won’t go away. I’ve seen how he works on other sites. Either you will handle him, or he will handle you. -Noodle

How many other board builders do you allow to commercially advertise their > wares on this forum?>>> This guy won’t go away. I’ve seen how he works on other sites. Either you > will handle him, or he will handle you.>>> -Noodle Hey, the guy articulated his point just fine. No censorship here , please. Some of the posts here regarding epoxy have heads shaking as well. It’s all good to sort out on our own.

sure, i’m waiting to see if T-- is going to come back and answer the questions that Dale asked. maybe he’ll come back and answer, which could be interesting. or maybe he just likes to drop in, deliver his pitch, and post his URL. i think if he’s going to post his URL, he should be open and responsive to questions, that’s why we’re here, no?>>> Hey, the guy articulated his point just fine. No censorship here , please. > Some of the posts here regarding epoxy have heads shaking as well. It’s > all good to sort out on our own.

Hey, the guy articulated his point just fine. No censorship here , please. > Some of the posts here regarding epoxy have heads shaking as well. It’s > all good to sort out on our own. You’re wrong. I’m not trying to use Swaylock’s forum to sell epoxy boards, or any other kinds of boards. I’ve used Swaylocks to pass on, and gain board design, material and building information to/from other people. Haven’t posted a URL. If you don’t like epoxy boards, don’t buy one. If you want one of my boards, too bad. They aren’t for sale. I hoped that if I exposed the poor quality of this thief’s design, that people like you might help stop him from stealing from this forum. So much for you. His information and question are “buy my board”. …not appropriate here. If you want Swaylocks forum to become “buy my board”, looks like you’re in good company.

Noodle,>>> To point and intimidate is a sign of insecurity.>>> What is your problem with freespeach.>>> My main aim is to future develope “Aquatic Gliders” with an open > digression of information from myself to participators in this experiment.>>> You are correct about the fact that there is nothing new in this > particular board. We prefer to call the “Stingers” > “Flyers”. The pintail concave to radical tail relief. The > displacement nose, twin rocker and actual wing chords blended into a high > performance flow form. Every component is not particularly new, but the > way they have been blended together makes a marked difference in > performance. At least 30% faster whilst remaining nimble and fluid > turning.>>> By purchasing the information you can constuct your own Fat Penguin to > test and refine. Ive spent over AUD$100,000 to get it this far.>>> There have been many years of R&D to find the sweet board that is now > being built for customers world wide. Below is an enquirey from San Diego, > his board is being built right now !>>> “Hi Paul, I just saw your new design and think it’s great! Good for > you!>>> I am sooooo tired of these pinhead surfers who think that the evolution of > board design has reached it’s apex, shoot it’s just getting started! I > would love to try one of your fine sticks! I usually ride a 9’6” and > just got a Swizzle, which I love. Rode it all over Kauai for the last two > weeks and had a blast. I love new inovative designs and yours looks > incredible. I’ll bet it works like a dream. I’m in San Diego, where are > you? What sizes do the FP come in? Please advise.">>> We have many of these individuals, happy to accept something else. With > open minds that are not assuming !>>> Noodle get yourself US$50 and buy your own set of plans, build it, ride it > then tell me what you think. You will be very surprised.>>> E-MAIL – >>> regards Fat Penguin.>>> You’re wrong. I’m not trying to use Swaylock’s forum to sell epoxy boards, > or any other kinds of boards. I’ve used Swaylocks to pass on, and gain > board design, material and building information to/from other people. > Haven’t posted a URL. If you don’t like epoxy boards, don’t buy one. If > you want one of my boards, too bad. They aren’t for sale.>>> I hoped that if I exposed the poor quality of this thief’s design, that > people like you might help stop him from stealing from this forum. So much > for you.>>> His information and question are “buy my board”. …not > appropriate here. If you want Swaylocks forum to become “buy my > board”, looks like you’re in good company. I don’t think this fellow is acusing you of anything other than misrepresentation at times. Many , active, participents here use there URL on a regular basis, Deep, Scott, Magic, etc. So, the point was , that this “thief” answered your post well enough to stay here. His interest lies in buying his plans so you could build one yourself. There are as many thieves here as anywhere. How bout the outline template dicusion a while back. As I recall everyone does it. So much for you as well. Please don’t be so conservative minded not to let it pass. Just scroll on by. Oh, by the way, I would’nt buy one of those pieces of shit regardless. I just thought the thief answered your put down very nicely. It ain’t hurtin nutin

I think that T should post his design and let the forum give him feedback on the results. Unbiased endorsements from the fellow Sways could be effectively marketed in this presumedly untapped market. By the way: I asked for the designs after seeing the original post a while back and got hit up for the 50 bones. I opted to pass… Magoo

Mike - I’m not trying to take sides here. Noodle has contributed heaps of input on epoxy technology and has generously provided all who asked (including me) with computerized dimensions for outlines, rocker, etc. Thanks Noodle! I fully support the fantastic open forum discussions that you have provided on this site and believe that “Fat Penguin” design deserve the same space as the rest. The concept kind of reminds me of vintage Tom Morey and looks legit to me.

Hello, T,>>> How does your surfboard react to surface bump and ledges as wave size and > power increase? Is this design adaptable to both flat and hollow surf? > Have you expanded this concept into the range of longboards? It would be > great if you could post a few top, bottom and side view photos in > Swaylocks, and briefly delineate your main ideas behind this creation and > the function of its fins. Dale, more information can be found at http://www.geocities.com/fatpenguinsurfboards/ The website and some of the pictures actually work from time to time. You’re propably the most innovative of the contributers to this forum judging from what’s in the board archives. I would love to hear what you think is good/bad about this board(besides the name). Noodle, in your last post about the fatpenguin atleast you adressed what you think about this kind of surfboard, something I have missed in this forum. You did it in IMHO harsh words somewhat uncalled for. Agreed, swaylocks is not for advertising. Let’s keep it that way. No harm in posting a link tho. (I know if you search for surfenginez here you’d get plenty of hits) I would love to try a fat penguin(please loose the ugly shark graphics tho) or a swizzle, or those flex boards from hawaii just to see how and what works and what doesn’t. After all, refining the designs that have been there for 30+ years can only get you so far, albeit I have a very long way to go. What would you do to revolution surfboard design? regards, Håvard

Hello, T,>>> How does your surfboard react to surface bump and ledges as wave size and > power increase? Is this design adaptable to both flat and hollow surf? > Have you expanded this concept into the range of longboards? It would be > great if you could post a few top, bottom and side view photos in > Swaylocks, and briefly delineate your main ideas behind this creation and > the function of its fins.>>> Thanks for sharing!>>> Dale Hi there Dale, Please excuse me for not being prompt. I,m quite happy to answer your questions. Yes this design is applicable to long boards. How does your surfboard react to surface bump and ledges as wave size and power increase? To put it plainly the faster you go the stabler and more precise these boards get, the reason behind this is due to the intergration of several flow forms and not because of any one particular part. To briefly delineate the main ideas behind this creation would perhaps answer most of your questions. Question - What is an intergrated flow form or “Pressure wave Glider” Answer - By intergrating specific flow shapes you can create a lifting bodyform. Check out NASA site (NASP-Pressure wave gliders). There is a wealth of information going back to 1951 the first test flight of the X-24A which led to the current “Space Shuttle” and beyond into futuristic “Pressure wave Gliders”. The Fat Penguin is a glider not a surface plaining flow form, this is why they are so efficient compared to current surfcraft. CURRENT BOARD COMPONENTS Planshape (Surface Area) Single rocker Volume (Archemedies) Thuster FIns (Spit Fire) FAT PENGUIN COMPONENTS High speed planshape Twin rockers Volume ( thicker than the current shortboard) Concave for lift Wings for lift and tight turns Recyling Stern pressure wave Kernard fin system (Mig Foxbat) To explain the function of these componeents. PLANSHAPE TOP 1- Nose:- The nose is pointed with low surface area, so it wont bounce at speed. This intergrated with the high speed planshape irons out the chop. The nose works well for late take offs with the ability to really attack a wave. 2- Reverse Venturi :- To encourage the water to flow onto the deck and over the wings. About a third from the tail there is a waist section shaped into the deck to create the forementioned effect. 3- Square tail :- for stability and flyers also add stability at speed. The large tail surface area stops stalling, coming out of cutbacks. The wings also have a full rounded planshape suiting tight turns. WINGS 1- Primary funtion. To provide surface area and lift at low speed. The wings have an aquatic foil to generate lift. Other funtions of wings as follows. To create a rear section Rail line of a modern short board. The wings add a short rear rocker, for tight turns. In full rail bottom turns you use the full rocker - the wings at speed are neutral stablilisers, you wouldnt know they were there. PINTAIL CONCAVE 1- Concave generates lift. Concave used in this design is not your average concave, as its depth is around 9-10 mm. Conventional concaves, that is most, are 3-4 mm in depth and shaped into the bottom of a board from rail to rail. The reason the concave generates lift is due to the fact that you cant compress a fluid and as the area in the concave decreases the fluid is forced to acelerate. This in turn lifts the board to a smaller plaining surface. The sudden tail lift at the end of the concave encourages the rear stern pressure wave to return early under the tail of the board creating a high pressure zone under the tail recycling energy rather than thowing it away as spray. The wings and flyers then become stabilisers. FIN SYSTEM 1- The fin system in the original configuration is a Kernard system but we are finding the thruster configuration usefull for people making the transition of riding Aquatic gliders easier. More speed and faster aceleration means faster reflexes. The thruster rig tones the board down. Thruster fin was removed with an increase in speed and the to regain lateral stability front kernard or drive fins were placed ahead of the stern twin fins to set up a shock wave interaction at high speed. At high speed the kernard system utilises a shock wave interacting from the smaller forward fins with the larger rear twin fins. This gives the board enhanced drive ability at high speed without sacrificing manuverability. Ok hope this helps, if you are in need of more info I suggest you buy a set of Diagrames for the whole picture. As you can see there is alot in this design that is not apparent in the photographs. Thanks. regards, T.E.

Mike - I’m not trying to take sides here. Noodle has contributed heaps of > input on epoxy technology and has generously provided all who asked > (including me) with computerized dimensions for outlines, rocker, etc. > Thanks Noodle! I fully support the fantastic open forum discussions that > you have provided on this site and believe that “Fat Penguin” > design deserve the same space as the rest. The concept kind of reminds me > of vintage Tom Morey and looks legit to me. Hi there, It seems that this design is a contentious issue, which doesnt surprise me as Ive been working on this board for a long time. The Test Statistics. Of the 216 persons who own or have riden this design 208 loved the board, 8 disliked it. These are results from test pilots since 1993 to help openly refine subproducts using 36 test boards. I personaly think its over refined. So as you can see not many people (in comparison to the entire surf community) have even heard of or riden one of these designs. But these results are the barometer of wheather the board was going in the right direction. And it did. So after 12yrs 216 test pilots $105,000 I can say that I`m totaly confident that this design is legit.

There are no “thieves” at Swaylock’s…Info is given freely (this is a free forum). People here are welcome to put any or all information used here to their own advantage. If you’ve got some “secret” formulas that are so earth shattering, don’t share them. But just remember…this isn’t anybody’s personal treasure trove of information…it’s for everyone. Use it or lose it! Booga - Booga!

There are no “thieves” at Swaylock’s…Info is given freely > (this is a free forum). People here are welcome to put any or all > information used here to their own advantage. If you’ve got some > “secret” formulas that are so earth shattering, don’t share > them. But just remember…this isn’t anybody’s personal treasure trove of > information…it’s for everyone. Use it or lose it! Booga - Booga! I know thieves is a dirty word , but it was my choice in this case , in the context of the accusations. Put “copying” into the search engine and see what comes up.

Mike - I’m not trying to take sides here. Noodle has contributed heaps of > input on epoxy technology and has generously provided all who asked > (including me) with computerized dimensions for outlines, rocker, etc. > Thanks Noodle! I fully support the fantastic open forum discussions that > you have provided on this site and believe that “Fat Penguin” > design deserve the same space as the rest. The concept kind of reminds me > of vintage Tom Morey and looks legit to me. Last stand on the soap box: John is right on the money with his comments regarding Noodle. Noodle spends a lot of time sharing his knowledge and template program with the boys. If I could quote a line from Ferris Buhler “He’s a rightous (sp?) Dude!”. By the way Noodle and Rich, I’m shooting over to Miami right now care of United with the 8.0 Egg for my brother that you guys helped me on. It looks sweet, I’ve got FCS plugs and a 15 inch box as well. Little bit of a concave, 50-50 rails going to hard in tail, V at end. Sanded hot coat and it looks sweet. When I get back I’m making one for myself – as this one will be on a wall landlocked for at least one year while my brother works on the Phd. Thanks again guys for all the input, hope to pay the favor back some way some day. Mahalo, Magoo P.S. Rich, I’m working on my version of the Star fin and I’m playing with the angle of the V in relation to the X axis. Interesting results so far, and lots of fun to do. Thanks for your insightful comments on the design as well as the links you posted. It feels like I’m back in school! M

Last stand on the soap box:>>> John is right on the money with his comments regarding Noodle. Noodle > spends a lot of time sharing his knowledge and template program with the > boys. If I could quote a line from Ferris Buhler “He’s a rightous > (sp?) Dude!”.>>> By the way Noodle and Rich,>>> I’m shooting over to Miami right now care of United with the 8.0 Egg for > my brother that you guys helped me on. It looks sweet, I’ve got FCS plugs > and a 15 inch box as well. Little bit of a concave, 50-50 rails going to > hard in tail, V at end. Sanded hot coat and it looks sweet. When I get > back I’m making one for myself – as this one will be on a wall landlocked > for at least one year while my brother works on the Phd. Thanks again guys > for all the input, hope to pay the favor back some way some day.>>> Mahalo,>>> Magoo>>> P.S.>>> Rich,>>> I’m working on my version of the Star fin and I’m playing with the angle > of the V in relation to the X axis. Interesting results so far, and lots > of fun to do. Thanks for your insightful comments on the design as well as > the links you posted. It feels like I’m back in school!>>> M Hey Magoo, Send me an email. Maybe we can trade some info and make things easy for ourselves. I’m just finishing up some sets. I’m at . Best, Rich p.s. like to see a photo of the EGG.