My first longboard...(pics)

hey Tenover,

18" is a huge tail. I was wondering if this improved the nose riding capabilities overs say a 16" tail.

Will this wide tail reduce turning ability?

Im 220pd and having trouble getting right on the tip, it always sinks. Ive been riding a 9’6" x 23" x 3" (19 nose, 16 tail)

Bobsie, don’t worry about your tail size until you get a bigger board. I’m 220lb also, been surfing 20 years. To noseride, you want something at least 3.5" thick if you’re sticking with 9’6", or 3.25+" if you go up to 10’. 16" is plenty of tail.

Noseriding works best on small walled-up waves, right? Too wide a tail and you’re in danger of ‘sliding ass’. My widest noserider is a Bob Miller 10’2" with a 17" tail. I use the 10.5" Hertiage fin from True Ames and even that sometimes breaks loose. Over waist high, forget it, can’t go to the front third of the board before it slides around.

My best noseriders have always been round pins. That shape seems to create more drag on the back end and sucks down the tail…

Great job. Beautiful polish-out, with no brush marks.

I have one question though. “Shmegma.” What the…? That’s got to be Yiddish, right? That’s a word I need to remember; kind of like “Meshugena” Doug

“Schmegma” - Noun. Nasty, vile chunky-liquid-type-residue. Usually associated with bodily fluids.

Ex: “What’s with all the schmegma all over your sweater?”

hey tenny,

you should take a picture holding the board upright so i can see the outline. Looking good.

Austin S.

www.austinsurfboards.com