My ugly, noobie probox twinny is nearly done!!

Nuclearfission, i dont know yet, but possibly. I got a feeling i might struggle to handle the “looseness” of it, so i may have to put a trailing fin box in, but i’ll try it as it is first.

Greenlight, NuclearF, thanks for the tips, im never in a hurry, so i’ll take it slowly so i dont affect the bond.

The back of the fin is 7 1/2’’ from the tail. I can move them forward though.

Getting excited!!. i wanted something with good float, and grovelling capacity ( it’s 2 7/8" ), but more manouverable ( free? ) than my keel fish. I also put the widepoint just behind centre, and went with a 15’‘nose, and 16’’ pulled in tail.

Hanging to try this sucker!!!

Pretty much sums it up…looks like a very sweet board Beerfan. Those fins look nice too - did you pick them up locally??

BTW, if you’ve got a VHS player and still lookin for some classic Occy footage - let me know. I’ve got a spare copy of the Occumentary which I can pass on.

Ok, so i was able to look after the kids while in the shed putting down the hotcoat. I made sure they were occupied ( i gave them an old blank to play with, what a hit!!! ).

Pretty ugly and i wish i didn;t do the pinlines, they are wonky, and make it look ordinary, but i’ll learn next time.

Needs a leash plug, but its basically done. Woo hoo!!.

thanks for the shots mark

i eagerly await a test ride report

cheers

ben

Ok, first ride report!.

Took it out this morning in small dumping waves. Not great waves but i was gunna paddle out no matter how bad!. Feels a little bit stiff actually, i thought it would be so loose it would be hard to control, but it felt stiff to turn. Im pretty sure that’s my feet in the wrong spot, and also me being a front foot surfer. However, i also thought it might be the lack of a hard edge in the tail. I didn’t do one, and the rail is tucked, so im guessing maybe the rails weren’t releasing as good as they could be???. Anyway, i got home, and straight away taped up, and now have an edge there ( still gotta sand it though, d’oh!! ).

Still, i had a few fun ones, and did manage to spear it up into the lip once or twice on closeouts. Totally different to my twin keel haha. Its gunna take some getting used to. Im hoping it’ll teach me to stop being so front foot heavy. Either that or it’ll end up pissing me off haha.

I might move the fins forward in the box as far as they can go woo hoo, love probox!

Cheers

Hi Beerfan, I noticed your canted at 4 Degree, if your board feels stiff the fins usally are to vertical. Change out the red 4 Degree inserts to 6 degree Black and let us know how it feels.

Mahalo,Larry

Hi Beerfan,

Good to hear a first ride report… you were a little more discerning than I was on the first ride report of my first board - I just remember every wave beening absolutely awsome and my face hurting from smiling after surfing it for about 2 hours. Now when I ride that first board, it feels like a bit of a dog compared to others I have ridden and shaped since, but to this day I still remember the stoke of that first wave and the first session.

Most of the stoke is in knowing that you shaped it with your own hands and that it works!!!

Im definately stoked about it, just making a small modification!!. The waves were pretty ordinary,and hey, it’s the first surf on a new board so i need to give it a few surfs to get used to it. The tail rail is fairly round though, so im keen to put an edge there anyway, nearly done sanding!

Larry, i’ll have to try to get some off foamhead if i can get some cash together.

Hey Beerfan…

If I’ve got any spare sets of inserts, I’ll drop them in the mail for you old mate …

I’m going to Indo soon … so if I only have one set there coming with me …:frowning: sorry dude !!!

I’ll let you know either way after I get home tonight

W

PS I think I still got your address, but PM me just in case

Hi Beerfan, PM me your addressand I will drop some in the mail for you.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBox-Larry.Blogspot.com

G’day Larry …

Thanx for well wishes …

Not going for a couple of weeks, have an Indo play board I need to install Probox’s into first

Will post some pic’s when done… twinzer special with your canards and Aipa Twins

Talk soon

W

Bit of an update. I surfed the board a few weeks ago, chest high, and high tide so not really great, but i got a few long rides. It really feels like its hard to initiate the turn, but when i do, it whips around quite well. I still think the main problem is i need to surf it more on the backfoot, and im no good at that at all.

BUT, i was thinking, would some vee help this board?? Obvioulsy im not going to strip and reshape, but if it had some vee, would that give it a more “free” feeling rail to rail??

I find it odd, because my keel fish feels very free rail to rail, and it is also dead flat on the bottom, although it is supercharged. Myabe i could supercharge it also?? Herb?

Definatley gunna get some more canted inserts too

Nudge Nudge foamhead hahahaha!!/

Cheers